H3R Performance Fire Extinguisher Seat Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had fire extinguishers stuffed into holes and under seats for a while. I spotted an interesting mount in the 4 Wheel Parts Offroad Adventure mag I got last week and decided to give it a try. Made by H3R Performance, I ordered the mount from Summit Racing. It arrived yesterday and like always I was installing it about 47 seconds after the FedEx guy left.

2014-02-01 13.17.19.jpg

There are only 8 parts plus screws to putting it all together was pretty easy. I ended up using the base, both long extension arms and one of the smaller L brackets for the install.

2014-02-01 13.20.38.jpg

I had to remove the door side of the seat plastic to get to the metal where I drilled a hole. On this (door) side I only used this hole and the long extension arm. No L bracket needed as this hole is pretty close to strait in line with the extension arm.

2014-02-01 13.57.13.jpg

The other side I had to bend the L bracket a little as the console side of the seat has a curved metal piece on the front. To connect that side I used the extension arm and the modified L bracket. The result is a clean install that moves with the seat and is rock solid.

2014-02-01 14.32.10.jpg

I haven't beaten it off-road yet but it sure seems sturdy enough to not come apart. The extinguisher is always going to be right where I left it, ready to use when needed.