Good seat covers that won't rub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've got a bout 1000 miles on the truck. Leather still looks great, but I am noticing with the height of the truck, I am always sliding in and out.

If it's anything like the vettes, I can see the seat wearing out quick.

Thinking a seat cover might help, but at the same time, is the seat cover just going to rub the seat getting in and out?

never used a seat cover before, so some insight would be nice

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've got a bout 1000 miles on the truck. Leather still looks great, but I am noticing with the height of the truck, I am always sliding in and out.

If it's anything like the vettes, I can see the seat wearing out quick.

Thinking a seat cover might help, but at the same time, is the seat cover just going to rub the seat getting in and out?

never used a seat cover before, so some insight would be nice

I had Wet Okole covers in my last truck for eight years which were awesome. The only thing I noticed is that they did fade however the neoprene covers were awesome when I was surfing a lot.

I put the GT seat covers on the back seats in the Raptor. I got the Endura covers which are like a heavy canvas that are waterproof and very nicely made. They fit good and are supposed to be resistant to fading. I'd highly encourage you to take a look at them.

~BGM

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI: My Raptor is over 2 years old and I've been sliding out of the driver's seat since Day 1. The seat is holding up extremely well and I've not fed the vinyl err leather at all.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor seats are holding up better than the 07 FX4 did. I had the side panel replaced under warranty about a 1,000 miles before it was up with no problems. My 05 Lariat had camo seat covers and they did rub/wear the leather pretty bad.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got wet okole seat covers in my '85 and they're awesome.

Don't want to add them to the front of my Raptor though because then I'll miss out on the A/C seats covering up the perforated center sections.

On my HD's I've always just tossed a black towel on the seat and tucked it in teh back so it wouldn't fall off. Still see the seat backs, can yank them off in 1/2 a second, and really helped keep the wear and tear down on the leather. My one 00 HD with 52k miles the seats looked practically as good as my second 00 HD with 898 miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc