Gen 3 whipple stage 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, not trying to shoot you down or anything, but there is no language from ford that states tuning an ECU will void your warranty, powertrain or otherwise. It's not black and white like that. Threw a rod with a tuned ECU? Then yes you are likely going to get a denied warranty claim. Cam phaser issue? Hundreds and hundreds of online documented cases where tuned engines got cam phasers replaced under warranty. I'm not trying to call you out on a technicality, but there's a big difference between a manufacture binding you to some kind of non-tampering agreement, and warranty denial for claims that are very obviously related to a tune. Me personally, I wouldn't pretend for a second Ford wouldn't be able to detect a tune, even if uninstalled. I'm ready to "pay to play" but at the same time, I expect warranty support for defective parts unrelated to my tune.
I gotcha and completely agree. I want to and plan to tune my truck (hopefully with Cobb) but they seemed to make it very clear that applying just an electronic tune will void the warranty on everything.

When I bought the vehicle they said they “scan” the whole car anytime it comes in for repair and the machine will flag the car if the ecu has been flashed befare the tech can even know. It would then deny the dealer’s ability to order any parts to fix it if the issue is covered under warranty. Not sure if this is true but I could see it being true if there’s an immutable black box sitting their just recording actions. So a headlight dies and you have a warranty that covers it, from what I was told it wouldn’t be replaced if I tuned the vehicle which is really dumb.

I hope that this is not true since I really just want to change the MAP to be a little more performant like many did on the gen 2s and it definitely makes a difference.

fastford4x4

Reaction score
I am looking at getting it on my 22 with the warranty. the truck dies off on the top end and would really like to get a improvement in that area. Now the warranty denying fixing anything at all due to the tune is just ridiculous. I would like to see some real world numbers on the Hp gain on 91 octane fuel.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting it on my 22 with the warranty. the truck dies off on the top end and would really like to get a improvement in that area. Now the warranty denying fixing anything at all due to the tune is just ridiculous. I would like to see some real world numbers on the Hp gain on 91 octane fuel.
Skip the whipple BS tubes & wait for Cobb, it’s almost ready.

I plan on tuning my truck as soon as @GooseTuned has them for sale. Much better running than canned tunes