Gen 2 Locking Fuel Cap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowesEsq

Reaction score
Any Suggestions?

Several posters question the need for such a protective measure, but has anyone answered the original poster's question? I'm interested in protecting my new 2017 Raptor's fuel tank from vandalism as well. Park in reserved parking at office, but garage shared with a high traffic mall. No control over who comes and goes. For what we all paid, the cover should lock and be releasable from inside like my '11 Infinit M56 (and most vehicles now it seems).

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Several posters question the need for such a protective measure, but has anyone answered the original poster's question? I'm interested in protecting my new 2017 Raptor's fuel tank from vandalism as well. Park in reserved parking at office, but garage shared with a high traffic mall. No control over who comes and goes. For what we all paid, the cover should lock and be releasable from inside like my '11 Infinit M56 (and most vehicles now it seems).

My Honda has this too..

Might be a little expense I think they'd have to put an electric switch on it because of the fuel filler flap being on the bed. Does anyone know if any other trucks have locking fuel filler caps?

It would be cool to wire a switch to one of the aux switches.. maybe magnetic so flip the switch and it disables the magnet and lets the flap be opened (think like the electric gate locks)

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Ford locking cap on my '13. I just want it to keep water/dirt/stones/grit etc out of the recessed area, which will end up in the tank when the nozzle is inserted.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's on a Gen1 forum... sounds like the Gen2 cap is different and nothing yet available to lock it yet.