Ford Raptor Gen 3 Vid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This video wasn't supposed to be a 'release', it's just a hype video. Presumably the actual details are all coming on 2/18.

That said, the exterior styling is a bit underwhelming--somehow it doesn't look as aggressive as a Gen 2 to me. I'm sure it will be 'better' than the Gen 2 in every way except pricing, but I don't see myself rushing to upgrade.

Call it what you want that was the weakest, "release, debut, unveiling" I have ever seen. Ford needs to take a page from Dodge.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call it what you want that was the weakest, "release, debut, unveiling" I have ever seen. Ford needs to take a page from Dodge.

Yep, underwhelming is what comes to my mind. Even Andrei from TFL seemed bored as he was discussing the new Raptor

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, underwhelming is what comes to my mind. Even Andrei from TFL seemed bored as he was discussing the new Raptor
I get the impression it’s a lil more understated than TRX hype b/c the Raptor team is almost flexing “this ain’t our first Baja rodeo boys relax a bit, hold my beer, & wait til ya see what a REAL offroad truck w/ a blown V8 will do for ya”

I don’t need to know the exact specs to know that, based on that TFL drag race vid, a stock gen 3 powerboost raptor probably be damn close to a stock TRX straight line acceleration, & a tuned PB gen3 would probably put the TRX in the rear view mirror or very close to it.

mopar engineers always forget to deal w/ weight....

the 5.2 SC gen3 tho? If a tuned gen2 on 37”s nearly matches a stock TRX....well shit, Ram better hope they sell the vast majority of em for this model real F’n quick or it’ll be old news weak sauce compared to the Gen3 Raptor...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get the impression it’s a lil more understated than TRX hype b/c the Raptor team is almost flexing “this ain’t our first Baja rodeo boys relax a bit, hold my beer, & wait til ya see what a REAL offroad truck w/ a blown V8 will do for ya”

I don’t need to know the exact specs to know that, based on that TFL drag race vid, a stock gen 3 powerboost raptor probably be damn close to a stock TRX straight line acceleration, & a tuned PB gen3 would probably put the TRX in the rear view mirror or very close to it.

mopar engineers always forget to deal w/ weight....

the 5.2 SC gen3 tho? If a tuned gen2 on 37”s nearly matches a stock TRX....well shit, Ram better hope they sell the vast majority of em for this model real F’n quick or it’ll be old news weak sauce compared to the Gen3 Raptor...
It all sounds nice and all, but can one of the manufacturers deliver a truck like that for $50k, that's what they should cost, we are getting bent over backwards without lube, just to have some fun, lol.