FORD Raptor (A garage decoration piece)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

encardyle

Reaction score
I think I have had enough with FORD now.

3rd tow in one month.
39k miles and issues upon issues

I have had this blue ************* spend more time at the dealership in 14 months then I have ever taken my other car in its 9 years ownership. Someone said it right
JUNKYARDS are now in every town opened and selling shit cars.

I am very disappointed in Ford quality and its service centers in general.

I took this truck in at 19k miles for IWE vacuum failure. Dealership spent 28 days on this truck trying to diagnose the solution. In the end they stated oh the transmission was the issues for front grinding noise. After picking up the truck on 29th day I found the same issue still present. After researching this forum I went and bought 8 bucks iwe vacuum line pipe and fixed the issue. Pissed me really off.

In the month of dec this is the 3rd time this blue shit is getting towed for transmission Oil leak.

Before you Ford fans starts becoming keyboard warriors let me tell you. I have owned Fords since 2002. This Ford is my 11th ford purchase in 17 years. I drive a lot because of my work and Yes the warranty is there but **** this kind of warranty when you have headache upon headache coming up and the dealer don't provide loaner even.you spent 75k and then loaner car costs more money from my own damn pocket.
Its better to buy car from other brands and at least they provide loaner and better quality cars. Spending this much on a Ford truck was my biggest mistake in life.

I'm surprised as to why the dealers asking 5k 10k 15k above msrp. This shit is not even worth 15k below msrp.

Ford Service centers are a total joke. I called this dealer David mcdavid Ford fort worth Texas and explained my issue with the truck. He said I will call you back in 10 min to see when we can look at it. After 10 to 15 min he calls me back and the first thing he said was

"I have bad news for you"

Your truck will remain unseen till Jan 8th because we don't have time before that.

A humble message for potential Ford buyers.

No one has time to sit and wait for the dealers to fix issues from a truck that costs this much. My friend keeps making joke of me everyday at the office. Did you want me to pick you up from Ford tomorrow because his 12 year old Honda has never seen a dealership in 6 years for any issues.

RUN miles and miles away when you see FORD junkyards and spend your money elsewhere.

20181226_134706.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine went in on November 6th after the transmission ate itself. Shifted like crap since day one. Waited 5 months for this truck as a special order and took ownership in late February for a bargain price of only $1,000 over invoice (insert sarcasm here). Tomorrow is day 50 that the service department has had it, and it is buried under a foot plus of snow. I decided to talk to my long time salesman instead of the service department today, he is going to try and kick some motivation into them. Lucky I have my Gen 1 with 153,000+ miles on it so I at least have one dependable Raptor. Seems like when they closed SVT and handed things off to Ford Performance, everything went downhill, starting with the 2 missing cylinders on the engines and the surplus of gears in the transmissions.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am very disappointed in Ford quality and its service centers in general.

I took this truck in at 19k miles for IWE vacuum failure. Dealership spent 28 days on this truck trying to diagnose the solution. In the end they stated oh the transmission was the issues for front grinding noise. After picking up the truck on 29th day I found the same issue still present. After researching this forum I went and bought 8 bucks iwe vacuum line pipe and fixed the issue. Pissed me really off.

View attachment 116793 View attachment 116794

So you have a totally inept dealer. Wait, McDavid! HAH! Yeah, all they do is scam people. Tried to sell me a Gen 1 with 70k for several over sticker, back in 2015 when I knew the Gen 2 was coming. Told me this was the last year, no way to get a new one, hah. My coworker bought his from there, not knowing any better, and they charged for a bunch of sneaky add-ons.

Have you been using them since that fiasco? Because if so, that's a significant part of your problem.

I'm sorry to hear you and Arctic have had problems with your trucks, but there will always be a percentage of vehicles that are lemons or have issues. If we assume 200 people have had problems (I've tallied about 100), then that's .57% of all Gen 2 owners. I'd say that's within normal tolerance, is it not?

Doesn't make it any better, because it is YOUR truck, just saying it might be ill-advised to write off the whole kit-and-kaboodle for an $8 crappy check valve. The transmission problems are unfortunate, but it seems like both of you had your trucks built during the QA fiasco where they were having a lot of problems with the transmissions. Mine has been flawless for 22k, and I've thrashed on it a lot. But it was built 2/14/17, after most of that had passed.

My sister's hondas have had more problems at 100k than my families chevys and fords at 150k+, and they are much harder to work on to boot.

OP
OP
encardyle

encardyle

Reaction score
So you have a totally inept dealer. Wait, McDavid! HAH! Yeah, all they do is scam people. Tried to sell me a Gen 1 with 70k for several over sticker, back in 2015 when I knew the Gen 2 was coming. Told me this was the last year, no way to get a new one, hah. My coworker bought his from there, not knowing any better, and they charged for a bunch of sneaky add-ons.

Have you been using them since that fiasco? Because if so, that's a significant part of your problem.

I'm sorry to hear you and Arctic have had problems with your trucks, but there will always be a percentage of vehicles that are lemons or have issues. If we assume 200 people have had problems (I've tallied about 100), then that's .57% of all Gen 2 owners. I'd say that's within normal tolerance, is it not?

Doesn't make it any better, because it is YOUR truck, just saying it might be ill-advised to write off the whole kit-and-kaboodle for an $8 crappy check valve. The transmission problems are unfortunate, but it seems like both of you had your trucks built during the QA fiasco where they were having a lot of problems with the transmissions. Mine has been flawless for 22k, and I've thrashed on it a lot. But it was built 2/14/17, after most of that had passed.

My sister's hondas have had more problems at 100k than my families chevys and fords at 150k+, and they are much harder to work on to boot.

Well my cousin bought a vehicle from them and then I went the next day to sell my car and me and my wife decided to pull the trigger on this dealer and this truck. I switch dealer service center after IWC issue and never even went back in there for the fred oil change. I actually started doing oil change myself because I read horrible stories about this dealer specifically.
3 times trans issue is from 2 different dealers. One in Minnesota where the first oil leak was discovered when I was on vacation with my family. They rushed things up and right after I made it back to Dallas it started leaking again. Provided all the paperwork to this new dealer and they said we will change the oil pan and seals on it. But its back again 3rd time in this month at the Ford (won't take the name yet) since they are working on the truck right now. Let's see what the outcome is.

And for your .57 percent theory leme tell you this. Why me and why my 75k truck. Not everyone comes on this forums and writes problems. I am sure when you reach 40 or 50k miles you will be suffering from what I am suffering right now.

Will be getting rid of this truck asap now

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And for your .57 percent theory leme tell you this. Why me and why my 75k truck. Not everyone comes on this forums and writes problems. I am sure when you reach 40 or 50k miles you will be suffering from what I am suffering right now.

Well, come back in 2-3 years, I'll be sure to update you. Not a single drop of leaking oil anywhere on my truck, and I've put it through its paces. There's two guys who offroad a bunch (one on here, other on FB), and they both have way more miles than both of us.

80k.PNG

MisterScott

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your issues. That is a really good looking truck. There is nothing more frustrating than having an expensive item that does not work (insert wife joke here). I purchased mine from Prestige in Garland - used to live in Rockwall County and I still fly to Dallas to get Fords (Denver dealer BS). I am a big Ford fan, I currently own 5. Ford could have a serious impact on its bottom line if it did a little bit more R&D. I have a GT350R and a Focus RS. They have had issues with both cars, and serious ones - internal motor issues. Knock on wood, I am okay but I am worried about the GT350 where the 5.2 really needs to be driven hard a lot. Ford needs to do a little more homework. My Raptor shifts wonky at times and I am concerned about an oil leak. As my namesake once said, "the more you overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks. See if you can lemon law it. If not, sell it. No reason to deal with that shit.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

In the month of dec this is the 3rd time this blue shit is getting towed for transmission Oil leak.

Before you Ford fans starts becoming keyboard warriors let me tell you. I have owned Fords since 2002. This Ford is my 11th ford purchase in 17 years. I drive a lot because of my work and Yes the warranty is there but **** this kind of warranty when you have headache upon headache coming up and the dealer don't provide loaner even.you spent 75k and then loaner car costs more money from my own damn pocket.
Its better to buy car from other brands and at least they provide loaner and better quality cars. Spending this much on a Ford truck was my biggest mistake in life.

I do hope you’re able to get the issues with your truck resolved, finally and correctly. It’s important to put some perspective to this.

The IWE issue is just downright shameful. It shows a complete lack of respect for the customer and a total lack of effort on the original dealer’s service department. The service manager ought to be punished for that kind of malpractice and if repeated, should be fired. It’s just plain incompetence and a complete absence of customer service. That said, you should articulate this expression to that dealer in plain, respectful but unambiguous language, copying Ford customer service.

The transmission issues likely are unrelated, but it sounds like you have a strong case to put in front of Ford customer service to spring for an ESP on your truck. Or, if your feelings about the issue are unchanged since the original post, you’ve put in more than the necessary time to qualify for a buy back or possibly a lemon lawsuit. The latter will last a lot longer, but may, or may not be a better venue. Regardless, it’s time to focus your energy on a productive way forward. Based on what you shared, it seems that dealer one really soured things for you on what should have been a 2 hour engagement, not 28 days. While I’m not excusing Ford, the anger and frustration contributed by this repair failure is at least 95% the dealer’s fault. However, you’ve now had a subsequent powertrain failure. I think you can make a case to Ford C/S to offer you up a paid for ESP for the max duration. that provides loaner or rental car support. Not perfect, but I think that’s an achievable goal. You could try for a buy back, I’m not as sure that would be successful. I think you may qualify for a lemon law suit, but you would need to talk to a lawyer about that. a few things to consider:
once you drop papers on Ford, your vehicle VIN is flagged by the manufacturer and every visit you make to a dealer service department whether it’s for routine service or warranty work will (likely) engage the regional manager to inspect your vehicle for tampering, abuse, or other excuses to void the warranty and thus end the lawsuit. Additionally, the service department cease to be anything but agents of the manufacturer, so they are on the watch for opportunities to identify abuse, void the warranty etc. These suits can drag on for months, last I heard, 6-18 months. During that time however, the manufacturer is obligated to honor the warranty while you use it. I believe most laws permit the manufacturer to have “one last attempt at repair” to honor the terms of the warranty. this will add some time and nuisance to things. Once they offer you something, there’s daylight at the end of the tunnel. At some point they’ll make a low ball offer at buying back your loyalty. it could be as low as “we’ll extend your warranty” to a buy back or somewhere in between. A good lawyer will provide guidance on the path forward.

I think you should contact ford C/S and get the ball rolling on making the situation right. You’re correct, a warranty is only a legal obligation on the part of the seller to repair the vehicle but it’s worthless if you don’t get to actually use the vehicle because its reliability is impacting it’s market value and use.

good luck.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
I've had enough of FORD.
Very disappointed in Ford quality & its service centers in general.
RUN miles away when you see FORD junkyards & spend your money elsewhere. Will be getting rid of this truck asap.
Take a REBEL 12 for a ride...incredible interior w/12" display :)
IMG_2610.JPG IMG_2611.JPGIMG_2606.JPGIMG_2609.JPG

Last edited: