Ford Racing Skid Plate...any advantage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We need someone to buy one and takes pictures of it. Until then this is what we've got to look at...

M-5018-F15R.jpg

Here's the description on their site:

Fits 2010 F-150 SVT Raptor
Replaces production front skid plate
Added side and center reinforcements
Complete with mounting brackets and hardware
Powder-coated "foundry finish" gray
"Ford Racing" logo, right and left sides

I'm not at all certain it really is an improvement over the stock unit. Seems to me it's a way to sell ($$$) a FRP logo'd product that Raptor owners can buy before or after they bend their stock unit.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've shelled out the dough, just waiting for the part to show lol

SVTCALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i crushed my skid plate in the pismo dunes (have video clip of it). I'm trying to decide myself if I should go with the fordracing one or the factory one. I was at my local dealership yesterday and they couldn't find the factory part number for some reason. one guy said he thinks its around $300 and another guy thinks it's about $1000!

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Post that vid up CALI! Would be cool to see it die a hero :)

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i crushed my skid plate in the pismo dunes (have video clip of it). I'm trying to decide myself if I should go with the fordracing one or the factory one. I was at my local dealership yesterday and they couldn't find the factory part number for some reason. one guy said he thinks its around $300 and another guy thinks it's about $1000!

I'd go with the least expensive one. And from what I understand (or misunderstand) from Andy's report, the FRP unit is less expensive!

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^Did a quick google, followed by some drill down and this popped up CLICK HERE. No idea what that is, but it was kinda interesting (albeit not really relevant to this discussion so sawery for the potential derail :hey:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc