Ford is warning dealers to play nice or lose....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Just read about this and I'm surprised more people aren't commenting on it. Ford has to do something and hopefully this is only the beginning. I hope dealerships wake up or eventually someone will come up with a better way to buy a new car.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Ford tries again to curb crazy dealer ADM's and sales slots. Maybe this time it will moderately successful.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/aut...150-lightning-allotment/ar-AASy4El?li=BBnb7Kz

It does suck to buy a car now. But, in "before times" we could usually count on getting 5-15k off msrp on whatever we wanted. It would sure s u c k if the "before times" discounts went away once things get back to normal. Then were at the mercy of Ford corp.

Something to think about.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, when you buy a lightning, it's just like the gt40, you can't sell it within the first year of ownership.

OP
OP
Muchmore

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It does suck to buy a car now. But, in "before times" we could usually count on getting 5-15k off msrp on whatever we wanted. It would sure s u c k if the "before times" discounts went away once things get back to normal. Then were at the mercy of Ford corp.

Something to think about.

I bet you $100 that manufacturers won't go back to stocking 30-40 days worth of new vehicles anymore. Just to keep supply low.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
there was only a hint at ADM, but there were clear overtones to not sell priority spots for the L or other related shenanigans. Nothing about the Raptor mind you.

but... If you start piling on Ford’s social media pages about stupid adm pricing for Raptors from certain stealerships and maybe they should get Raptors in the future, maybe it might help.

The problem is, let’s say you have a high volume stealer who sells routinely starting at 30k ADM. Then let’s say Ford decides, enough is enough and these clowns are hurting the brand.

Bad Stealer. No Raptor for you.

Now Bad stealer calls local stealers and buys their Raptors at MSRP and continues selling them at 30k over. Won’t happen? It did in 2017-2018.

There are multiple issues here to unpack.

1) Ford is totally f*cking up the delivery. Raptor, Bronco, Lighting, Mach-E
2) Short supply makes greedy stealerships even more greedy.
3) some of the stealerships are doing surprise ADM at time of delivery.
4) some of the stealerships are charging premiums to get first in line.

Ford sees some of this as hurting the brand, and they’re right. Buuuuuuuuut if I’m honest, I’m more pissed at Ford for marrying the tailgate step to the super expensive, really fragile and expensive to repair twin panel moonroof, that really has no place on a serious off road vehicle, than I am a greedy stealership.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford sees some of this as hurting the brand, and they’re right. Buuuuuuuuut if I’m honest, I’m more pissed at Ford for marrying the tailgate step to the super expensive, really fragile and expensive to repair twin panel moonroof, that really has no place on a serious off road vehicle, than I am a greedy stealership.
Good point. People love binaries. You see it in politics all the time. Dealer bad means Ford good. Ford bad means dealer good. For some reason people have trouble with bad/bad.