Ford falling behind on truck camera tech/views

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been watching reviews on the new GM trucks like the Canyon and Colorado (ZR2 & AT4X). The camera views they have blow the F150/Raptor out of the water from what I am seeing so far! Better side views (Raptor has a black ring around the truck which sucks for checking close objects) and not to mention the GM truck's under body views that reviewers are saying actually help. The digital rearview mirror camera is very nice too!

I love my Raptor so far but nothing is perfect so I am hoping Ford via software can improve the camera views. Especially getting rid of that black ring around the truck from top and side views that other brands do NOT have!

IMG_7836.jpg

Hmmmm??? https://corporate.ford.com/about/innovation-ideas-submission.html

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree.. I am not sure why Ford cannot fix or correctly scale the truck to cover the black area. It seems a software update could fix that.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, but coming from a Landcruiser and Gen 2's the current camera is such an upgrade I'm trying to be content for once.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In looking at the black area, I think that's supposed to be a "relief area" of about a foot around the truck. If so, I would prefer that it was just highlighted.

st33zygill

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my buddys trailboss z71 rear view camera quality was insanely better than my raptor. Ford definitely gotta step up their game

OP
OP
BryBurger

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured I was not alone and the one view I want is the side view front and rear like the new GMs. A must for trails!

Current Ford side view (top angle only *pic in garage):
IMG_7894.jpg

New Colorado side view (top and wheel level - front and rear with smaller dark area on the front and back only):
IMG_7896.jpg
IMG_7895.jpg

Last edited: