FOLLOW UP: HAVE A CHANCE AT A 37 --NEED SOME INPUT:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll kick yourself every day you wait on the 35 and then possibly every day you own the 35 if you don't take your chance at that 37.
Agree with first half; watching the tracker, while you wait, will drive you nuts. Disagree with second half. Both options are great & 37s ain’t nothing to write home about and can be added later “if you so choose.”

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll kick yourself every day you wait on the 35 and then possibly every day you own the 35 if you don't take your chance at that 37.
To my point, this was just posted by member @Kojack19

Just realized I had not posted here. Anyway hope this helps someone-Traded my 18 FLG for a 2021 35. Then put a bunch of my old stuff on the truck-tonneau, bedmat, antennae and then added 37s and methods and RPG 1.5 collars. Pics are at various stages-first one is day 1. My daily driver and also a ton of fun. still fits in the garage too! 2000 miles a few weird cpu messages, no clunking, no rubbing and super happy.

IMG_2213.jpeg

IMG_2251.jpeg

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I think the Raptors hold value really well, it's still not an investment. If you want the 37 then get the 37. If you really want the 35, then get the 35. Playing the game of trying to hold the 37 for awhile knowing you will likely sell it's just going to cost extra and likely a lot of stress while you hope one vehicle retains value while the new new vehicle you order gets made as fast as possible despite all the known delay issues.
Omg , You should get what you want, pay over for the 37 package or not. I got the 37 pack 3500 over msrp. Selling it in two years and turning a profit? Tax, fees and time. I’m exempt from sales tax but who cares. Not a lambo

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get a 37 package —-the blue is polarizing mostly by those who haven’t seen the interior in person —-the blue interior doesn’t look good in photos for sure — and the seats are very comfortable (slightly better than the seats in my 2018 raptor ) so I don’t regret getting them. Most people love the interior in person but I take that with a grain of salt —friends and strangers probably won’t say “hey your new truck interior looks like a smurf crapped in it …”lol
I’ve also driven a 21 raptor with upgraded rims tires (37’s) and the only change to suspension was front leveling (RPG). Honestly, I couldn’t tell the difference between mine and his …and the spare tire was also a 37 that fit without issue —with Forscan the tire change is easy to correct speedometer—so get a 35 or a 37 and if you like to change your Rims —-the only minor issue may be the very minor suspension issues regarding bump stops. If you plan to use your raptor at 100% of its Suspension capabilities, then the 37 will have suspension calibrations that Better protect your vehicle from suspension damage during extreme desert runs…btw. I really don’t think it’s an issue —- most likely if a jump or a fast run causes damage - id bet that damage would have resulted in either a stock 35 package or if someone upgrade to 37 package.
It appears supply chain issues are going to be a reality for awhile — get whatever raptor you can —-35 or 37 —-if it’s built , drive it first , then buy whichever one is one the ground. Also , The blue interior will not wear quite as well as the black interior …it does wear fine but I see some very minor wear on mine already —-my 2018 with black interior looked brand new after 3 years and 36k miles …dogs , dirt , nothing affected it.
Cheers

ddanny888

Reaction score
While I think the Raptors hold value really well, it's still not an investment. If you want the 37 then get the 37. If you really want the 35, then get the 35. Playing the game of trying to hold the 37 for awhile knowing you will likely sell it's just going to cost extra and likely a lot of stress while you hope one vehicle retains value while the new new vehicle you order gets made as fast as possible despite all the known delay issues.
True indeed because I have no desire over the 37

Brownie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best answer ☝

Blu21

Reaction score
d if I go that route, am I better off seeing if I can dump the
So, after ruling out the tremor and being told there is an allocation for a Raptor (35 only), I was also told this same dealership has an actual build date with an order submitted on a 37 Raptor, with the build date set for Jan 19th. And yes, it's available at MSRP for me.

I had no desire to get a 37, but as I tend to turn my vehicles over every 2-3 years, re sale matter. I know the 37 allocations are much fewer than the 35's, and I know someone else already asked the question whether people think the 37's will hold value better. Ergo, I wanted to throw this out there:

If I stick with the original plan and forego this 37 and order my 35 spec'd the way I want it, it comes to just over $73,300 (Atlas Blue or White + 801 package, spray in bed liner + rubber mat). The issue is that no one really knows when I will actually get a build date and VIN. The way things are going, maybe it takes 6-8 months? In the interim, maybe the value I get back on my 4runner sale also goes down.

If I take the 37 at hand, it comes out to $81,325. It's AMB and has the 801A, plus the spray in bedliner, carbon fiber package, and the tow package with moonroof. I want the step for the bed but hate having to get the moonroof, which is why I opted against that in my 35 build. Also, this doesn't have the Recaros.
With a Jan 19 build date, it will still likely take another couple of months, assuming no supply chain issues, right?

Question: is it worthwhile to take the 37 in hand and spend the extra money, knowing that if I decide I want a 35 in a year when things calm down a bit, I can sell this 37 without losing much of anything?
And if I go that route, am I better off seeing if I can dump the moonroof package and add on the Recaro's?

Or should I wait it out and roll the dice on getting a 35 the way I want?
rock with the 37 for sure. i put 37s on my gen 1 (mid-perch) and essentially have vowed to never drive a full size truck without 37s. I love it. money-wise... if you can get any raptor at MSRP right now, and have that kind of dough, just do it. you won't regret 37s - i imagine the 37 package will be more coveted to buy used in 5 years anyway. if i ever sell my gen1 on 37s, thats what im replacing it with - a used gen 3 already on 37s.

Blu21

Reaction score
better off dump the? not sure what you mean here.
sounds like you want the 35s tho, so get those for you!...but i really recommend driving a buddies or dealers on 37s first. im very sold on 37s in general.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter