Doug Demuro Gen3 Review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Next year, I think theyll get their **** together. Theyll have data of what worked and what didnt and fix it. Its Ford, theyll fix it.
Mid cycle refresh will certainly bring a refresh and change. Second year could, but ‘21 was an abbreviated year so who knows.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, if you listen to the commentators on the interne, the Gen 2 is a terrible truck because of its V6. However, if you look at the sales numbers, Ecoboost F150s outsell everything else by a wide margin.

Thankfully, Ford knows to ignore the idiots who aren't actually buying trucks, and instead improve on the weak links. In this case, the suspension. Actual Raptor owners - using the truck as intended - have been asking for a 5-link and stock 37s since the release of the original truck.
Just for the sake of argument, people will probably buy whatever and however many Ford produces. Produce more ecoboost and sell more ecoboost.

But to the real point, the one you made and more often then not gets ignored….5 link!

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you love it. I'm here to please you.

Now I'm curious about all the numerous upgrades the new gen 3 has?

And yeah, the look of it, since I already have one, does nothing to make me want to change at all.

But hey, fanboys are everywhere, and they are out for the gen 3 too.

Instead of being happy that a competitor built a bad *** truck (TRX) there is senseless whining and talking about how it sucks.

How about talk about how ANY god d-a-mn truck with those features is pretty bad ***. And how hopefully that will drive more innovation to the other auto makers.

I can't wait for toyota to release a tundra competitor and same with chevy. Because I just like kick a-s-s trucks. No matter who made it.

Why the hell do you bring the TRX up in this. I personally love the TRX and seriously considered one. Ultimately I like the styling of the Raptor better so I went with it.

-5 link coil suspension
-Fox 3.1 live valve shocks with sensors on all 4 corners. Keep in mind when Gen 2 was released live valve was not a thing.
-37” tires from the factory
-14” of suspension travel up front and 15” in rear on 35” version.
-better approach, departure, brake over angles and ground clearance in all versions
-better exhaust (over Gen 2, but not Gen 1)
-Way better interior
-70s retro blue interior. (Hope you can sense the sarcasm)

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take the Tacoma long before I would own any Ram product.
I wouldn’t. The new Tacoma’s are terrible. Under powered, small, weird seating position. If the Rebel didn’t exist I would probably own a TRX right now. Ha ha

gtirella

Reaction score
doug demuro is a ****** who married money

and pretends to make money with his website

his wife and father-in-law pay all of his bills

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next year, I think theyll get their **** together. Theyll have data of what worked and what didnt and fix it. Its Ford, theyll fix it.
Next year meaning the 22 model? Because that’s what I’m hoping for. I’ll be getting a 22

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why the hell do you bring the TRX up in this. I personally love the TRX and seriously considered one. Ultimately I like the styling of the Raptor better so I went with it.

-5 link coil suspension
-Fox 3.1 live valve shocks with sensors on all 4 corners. Keep in mind when Gen 2 was released live valve was not a thing.
-37” tires from the factory
-14” of suspension travel up front and 15” in rear on 35” version.
-better approach, departure, brake over angles and ground clearance in all versions
-better exhaust (over Gen 2, but not Gen 1)
-Way better interior
-70s retro blue interior. (Hope you can sense the sarcasm)
I tip my hat to you sir you are kinder than I.......if a guy has to ask what upgrades the Gen3 has over a Gen2 it isn't worth my time to educate and I just put said man into the " more power and V8 sound means better" crowd. If you are a perfomance enthusiast you already know the Gen 3 is much much different just on suspension alone