Does a slide out cargo compartment exist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picked up my new 2012 SCREW last Thursday and headed ice climbing with the boys in NH. I have the soft folding tonneau cover and quickly realized it was a bitch to get our gear out without taking the cover off. Does anyone make a slide out cargo "drawer" for the bed?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You mean like this?

481566c_27.jpeg

Click here --> Let me google that for you

Welcome to the forum!

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup.. bak flip sells one.. U can google and it find a couple companys that make it..

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Or you can make one. A buddy of mine built one similar to what ARB builds for his Jeep. I know there is a company that advertises in the back of some 4x4 magazines that sells a full length drawer.

OP
OP
BearClaw

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks MagicMtnDan - that's exactly what I am looking for! And thanks for Google link!!!!

Last edited:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For a slightly sideways look at this:

anyone with a slideout have any experience with them once they get covered in that wonder fine desert dust? I learned the hard way that the bed of our trucks stop dust from getting inside just about as well as an open window does. I'd worry that the tracks of those slideouts would junk/gum up and get awful sticky/gritty in no time.

OP you mentioned a soft cover... maybe consider going with a paneled cover instead? I have the FoldACover, and I hear BakFlips are awesome too. Basically you can fold back one or all of 3-4 panels giving you access to the entire bed if needed. Seems like that would solve the problem just as well without giving up cargo space to the rack, without added weight and without any longevity worries?