Considering a raptor. A few questions on timeframe ordering and pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm considering a Raptor for when my current lease is up and I was hoping I could get a little info on ordering and pricing. My lease is up in April, so how much time is there between ordering a Raptor and delivery? I'd like to wait until all of the craziness with dealers trying to charge 10K-20K above MSRP for trucks has passed. Don't know how likely that is at this point though. How long will that be a thing? I have read there are people getting trucks at MSRP from reputable dealers right now, after the initial rush will people be getting these trucks at invoice +/- $500? And can anyone recommend a dealer in New England that is reputable, and won't be attempting to charge $10K over MSRP?

Thanks guys

D

Deleted member 12951

Don't think anyone knows how long it will be for a 17' to actually go through. I can tell you that I ordered my 14' around November 14, 2013 and it arrived on March 18th, 2014.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be expecting anything near invoice from a dealer that you don't have years of history with till late 2017.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are still people that ordered in late July that haven't received a VIN or build date yet. I would hate to have to order a Raptor with the mindset that it will be here at a certain point. If you want one in April, might want to start looking to order soon.

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say it would be fairly easy to find one at MSRP. There are dealer stock orders that have already been built selling at MSRP. You could probably get one under MSRP if you shopped around and were willing to put $500-$1000 deposit down immediately.

Near impossible to say how long an order placed today would take. At first it was "everyone who wants a Raptor will be able to get one" now it has seemed to have shifted towards dealer allocation. I expect the dealer allocation won't matter as much once they start shipping. It is not a limited production vehicle and sales are down. So as long as they have adequate supply, I believe they will fill the demand.