Can You Hear Me Now? "Dearborn, We Have a Problem"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya know Dan, lemon law might be something to look at here. Not only will they replace the truck, but with a "new" truck. A 2011 MY and all its extra goodies:bananamini:

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I can't even imagine thinking about claiming "lemon law" and getting a completely new vehicle for a silly microphone issue... It wouldn't feel right to me.

At the risk of thread jacking... would it even be allowed? I can't imagine a small issue (however annoying) would warrant complete vehicle replacement. Now if the brakes, engine, transmission, etc had problems that hurt the driveability and/or safety... that would be different.

My microphone is still original "first generation" and seems to work fine. I hope Dan gets his sorted out... I'm thinking after so many failures there has to be something else they haven't found yet.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MMD <-- not interested in lemon law now

Would it be allowed? Don't know the lemon law in CA (haven't looked) but I assume if a problem is not fixed after X amount of times (and meeting all the other criteria) then I assume it could be possible. But I just want it fixed.

And I agree with you, "after so many failures there has to be something else they haven't found yet" but that's what happens when they only replace the microphone in the rearview mirror with a POS stick-on mike and then only replace that each time it fails.

If a light bulb keeps on burning out prematurely it's not the light bulbs :picard:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed guys. I wouldn't go there either. But... it is an option, and dealership ears do perk up when you mention it.

Didn't mean to imply it was the right call. I agree with ya Mark.