Blackhawk Serpa QD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are driving around with a loaded gun pointed at your left leg essentially in the open? Not to be a **** but please lock your doors, don't leave kids in the car, and don't shoot youself on accident plaxico.

Good luck but my opinion is if you need that fast of access to the gun in the car you made a mistake someplace leading up to that moment. I carry too but not willing to go this route.

OP
OP
willis68

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are driving around with a loaded gun pointed at your left leg essentially in the open? Not to be a **** but please lock your doors, don't leave kids in the car, and don't shoot youself on accident plaxico.

Good luck but my opinion is if you need that fast of access to the gun in the car you made a mistake someplace leading up to that moment. I carry too but not willing to go this route.

First off, you have no idea what you are talking about, if you ever seen these QD's you would understand that they can be aimed any way they need to be.

Essentially open if you happen to be looking in my truck in that directions you will not see this pistol, with the window tint, and it does not point at my leg

My children and any who would ever be riding in MY truck know more about firearms than you appear to. I have carried a 1911 in condition 1 for the last several years, I know by your post that that would scare the shit out of you as well,

Any responsible Gun Owner like myself would ever leave a loaded weapon un attended in their vehicle no matter how they decide to carry. Do you even have any idea how a Sig pistol works Plexico?

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't you use " your " holster with that set up??

Dave

I'm not sure what your referencing...

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Get
Check out Bladetech. They make holsters for things I've never seen anywhere else. I got one from them that works with my full sized .45 USP with a G & G light rail adaptor and and light. You can buy the blackhawk quick connectors seperately and I'm guessing it would take to much to combine the two.

Thanks. I'll check them out. I currently use a generic holster that allows me keep the light mounted as well. It's just not a clean tight fit.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score

ever see where an inside the pants holster is aimed??? i mean you seem to have a plethora of gun knowledge so if a gun pointed at your leg/foot that is adjustable scares you how do you feel about an inside the pants holster?

so your saying if anyone needs quick access to a loaded fire arm its their mistake? where do you come up with this stuff liberal campfires?:emotions122: i dont like the idea of my firearm not being attached to me ,but that has to do with the way i was trained. this setup is nice an if it suits him an he is comfortable with it then i applaud his ingenuity .I highly doubt he leaves his gun in his truck thats a pretty wider assumption to make with out knowing the facts. while driving this holster seems to fit the bill for what he wants. i am a huge fan of the serpa holsters i have worn a few at work an they always are comfortable an retain my weapon when sprinting climbing fences an taking a nice stroll down the stairs with a local do gooder. btw nice plaxico comment stay classy chief.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am all for carrying and protection etc, I just don't believe you need to roll around with a loaded gun under the dash.

Agreed I don't know about this set up, nor do mean to get anyone's ******* in a bunch but where could you possibly be going that you need a loaded gun hidden in the car at an arms reach? Granted if the need arises you got me but I am just not comfortable with it. I think too many people carry for unacceptable reasons and with out any need. Though I can carry concealed when I am in the car I've never felt the need to defend myself like that and feel unloaded and locked up is more my speed. More power to you if you feel otherwise it's just a mod I won't be making....I'll never fault someone for excersizing their constitutional right though I may not agree with how it is being done...even if uneducated on it fully.

Oh, and liberal would be a poor description of where I fall. ;)

Last edited:

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no ones ******* are in a bunch cowboy settle down you start off making judgment calls ,an comments about a members children being in the car with a loaded fire arm when you your self said your uneducated on the subject. its not a good way to endear yourself to a forum making comments about someone leaving there children in a car with a loaded firearm when you yourself admit to have not much knowledge ,but hey call me crazy i try an have respect an ask questions vs uneducated proclamations :emotions122:.

to me being an American citizen an a licensed responsible person is a reason to carry ,its a god given birth right as American citizens to bear arms. I think the old you never need it till you need it quote applies...... i hope to never need my firearm whether at work or offduty however should the need arise i wont hesitate to protect myself ,my family ,or a stranger from death or harm. I get what your saying that you think to many people carry firearms for what is perceived to be no reason, however like i said you never need it till you need it an should that day arises .I would rather be over prepared then under.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
where could you possibly be going that you need a loaded gun hidden in the car at an arms reach? Granted if the need arises you got me but I am just not comfortable with it. I think too many people carry for unacceptable reasons and with out any need. Though I can carry concealed when I am in the car I've never felt the need to defend myself like that and feel unloaded and locked up is more my speed.

I believe this line of thought is exactly the same as saying:
"I've never had an accident, so I have no need to wear a seat belt. How could you possibly be driving that you're going to need a seat belt?"

Or:
"Nothing in my house has ever caught fire, so there is no need to have a smoke detector and fire extinguisher."

We do not schedule emergencies; they happen whether or not we're prepared for them. I prefer to be prepared.

I wear my seat belt, I have working smoke detectors, fire extinguishers in my home and vehicle, a life insurance policy, and I carry a loaded firearm - including when I'm in my vehicles. I do not expect to wreck my truck, for my home or car to catch fire, to die, or to have to defend and protect myself or others. I hope none of those things are ever necessary, but I'm prepared should such a need arise.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think of it that way but I see the point you make as valid. I guess I see the risk in this case being greater. That being said where I live and who I am around the need is not great to have a weapon at the ready all them time. I don't work in a job I need it either so when I travel it is unloaded an stored.

I admitt ignorance but don't believe an argument of smoke detectors and seat belts is quite the same as loaded guns...how ever I can not deny that Willis clearly has more experience and knowledge here than I do...it sounds like those around him do also so for his needs perhaps this makes sense...in my life it just doesn't. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions but hopefully you can see my point as well.

Edit - for the record my point is a loaded gun in the open is more risky than an unloaded one locked up...I can't deny if needed then clearly a loaded gun in arms reach is better.

An unneeded seatq belt or smoke detector poses no risk..it is a precaution...more like a lock box IMO.

I would be interested in learning about this if any one cares to explain how it is safe...It still won't be for me but learning is good.

Last edited:

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you, I disabled the trigger lock for this reason. So it is a natural draw position for me. I am installing a console vault in my console to store the weapon when not in use. The nice thing about these QD's is that they are a solid mount that you can attach to. I am installing one in my wife's Expedition as well

As far as the Sig, I love this pistol it was a standard P220 rail when I bought it new, I sent it to Sig for custom work, they did a trigger job, SRT trigger installed night sights and feed ramp polished they tuned the pistol for 230 Grain Remington Golden saber. I love this weapon!

Awesome! I didn't have any idea the lock could be disabled. Great to see more thoughtful, trained, lawfully armed citizens around. I wan't someone there to have my back if ever I'm in a situation where I need it. :banana-mario:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gambler,

Like you said its all about perception.

If I was in back in MURICA!!! I would absolutely drive around with an unsafed loaded pistol as long as I wasn't going on base. I'm not sure if you've been to any military establishments lately but there not exactly known for being in the best realty locales.

I'm sure this is much safer and easier to draw and fire than unlocking a console vault, loading a magazine, chambering a round, and firing.

But to each their own.