Best Wheel Size for 37” Tires (on 35” Truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoshDawg

Reaction score
Hey guys, I decided to opt out of the 37” package but want to add 37” tires anyways. I want to change the stock wheels while I’m at it and am wondering what offset and thickness for the wheels, as well as optimal width for tires I should go with.

I figured this thread could help others looking to do the same.

I am specifically looking at the 18” Gramlights 57Trans X wheels (not offered in 17”).

Thanks!
(Code Orange late September build date)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The answer depends on what you intend to do with the truck. If you want to use it offroad, then I would stick with 17 or 18s. If you want to look good in the starbucks drive through, then get you some 22s.

As far as offset goes, that really depends more on what look you want, as long as you aren't getting any rubbing or out ridiculously far. Don't know that anyone can tell you the max offset you can go get on the Gen 3 Raptors yet...no one really has had a chance to test anything out.

Sephiroth

Reaction score
The answer depends on what you intend to do with the truck. If you want to use it offroad, then I would stick with 17 or 18s. If you want to look good in the starbucks drive through, then get you some 22s.
What if you want to look good going through a Dunkin’ Donuts? I have to ask for my fellow DD lovers. I hate Starbucks.

OP
OP
R

RoshDawg

Reaction score
That's like asking how to look cool while taking a #2. Not possible.

(100% kidding. I don't go to either, but would pick DD over SB, and drink DD coffee at home)
Lol! I make my own espressos at home.
I do want to stick with 18”, perfect balance between looks and performance IMO. I guess my question is more about offset, or if anyone knows the exact wheel dimensions offered on the 37” package. I will ask the dealer I have an order with if he can find out and post results.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can fit the 37s on a 35 truck. You just also have to replace the shocks and the coil springs - but you can't get a 37 spare, it wont fit in the frame. Then just pick a rim you like, I like the oem rim, so you could even order that from the dealer - you can order everything from the dealer actually, the new shocks, coils, rims and tires.

TFLtruck interview with the confirmed this on a video.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol! I make my own espressos at home.
I do want to stick with 18”, perfect balance between looks and performance IMO. I guess my question is more about offset, or if anyone knows the exact wheel dimensions offered on the 37” package. I will ask the dealer I have an order with if he can find out and post results.
The issue I have with 18's is...there are fewer tires to choose from that aren't load range E. It's no big deal if you want 10 ply tires but my old @$$ likes a nice cushy ride.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries about whether or not that 37" spare will fit under the truck. Everyone knows maximum Dunkin Donuts cred is obtained with two spares in the bed, rendering your pickup useless for, you know, picking up things.

OP
OP
R

RoshDawg

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can fit the 37s on a 35 truck. You just also have to replace the shocks and the coil springs - but you can't get a 37 spare, it wont fit in the frame. Then just pick a rim you like, I like the oem rim, so you could even order that from the dealer - you can order everything from the dealer actually, the new shocks, coils, rims and tires.

TFLtruck interview with the confirmed this on a video.
You think the 37 shocks and coils would be worth the cost for their minor differences? People have been putting 37’s on their Gen 2 Raptors all the time. I figured 37’s on a stock 35 Gen 3 Raptor would be even less of a deal than it was before..

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You think the 37 shocks and coils would be worth the cost for their minor differences? People have been putting 37’s on their Gen 2 Raptors all the time. I figured 37’s on a stock 35 Gen 3 Raptor would be even less of a deal than it was before..
Man watch out. You have a precision tuned linked rear now. You don’t want to throw things off ;) Hey no doubt Ford set things up just right. But for many average Joe’s, they wouldn’t realize it anyway.