Bedslides

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys was looking at the bedslides for my Overland build:

https://www.bedslide.com/series-2-bedslide-1000-classic.html

However, after contacting Bedslide I learned that the slide adds 4" of height to the bed floor, which isn't a lot but with the Dometic fridge/freezer I want to run its about a 1-2" too high as I wont be able to close my Retrax bed cover. The other thing I didn't like was that when you pull it out you have to pull out the entire width of the bed. So with that said i was wondering if anyone know where you can buy some more generic sliders so I could do a split slider set up and hopefully one that mounts lower.

DreadPirateRaptor

Reaction score
I looked at the Decked system but it wont fit a fridge. I want to run one of the Dometic Fridges in the back along with a slideout cooking set up

ARB just released a new fridge late last season that is designed to be permanently mounted in elements. Might work?

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARB just released a new fridge late last season that is designed to be permanently mounted in elements. Might work?

The problem is I already have the Retrax Pro XR bedcover and than will be adding the Front Runner rack on top so there is no area to mount outside of the bed.

I might build my own dual bedslider set up using extrusions and some 60" HD drawer sliders.

DreadPirateRaptor

Reaction score
We have a similar dilemma. I have the forged Leitner, not yet installed... but I love my Diamondback HD. And I have the decked system. Currently my fridge rides strapped down interior rear.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a similar dilemma. I have the forged Leitner, not yet installed... but I love my Diamondback HD. And I have the decked system. Currently my fridge rides strapped down interior rear.

I thought about putting the fridge behind the passenger seat but the dual compartment ones wont fit (I want the one with both freezer and fridge sides). I'm pretty sure I can build a slider set up that works well. The part Im not sure on is that the HD drawer sliders are 3" tall so I need to figure out how high the mounting holes are (my guess 1.5" H) and calculate where that would put the floor height as I might be having the same issue all over again.