Bed liner preference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a chevy work truck with a factory line x. It is absolute junk if you use the bed for work. My truck from pulling a small generator in and out has peeled up everywhere on the tailgate. Factory is not the way to go for me after seeing this. The paint under the liner is still shinny meaning it had no prep at all.

Factory bedliner is not Line-x, lets be clear on that.

cstunkard

Reaction score
Bedrug here. Had it on my 2014 Raptor with no problems. Very durable too. So much so I'm installing another Bedrug after work on my 2017. Reason I didn't do the Line-X with both the trucks, you have to destroy the paint to lay down the spray. Kinda defeated the purpose of protecting the bed if I'm having to destroy the paint in the process.

I know over time debris and stuff will get underneath the Bedrug but it won't be anywhere near the type of damage you put prepping for the bed spray. Plus being able to easily reverse to a stock bed was a huge selling point.

Line-x and Rhino are meant to be permanent and they are! If you want to go back to stock you need to go different route.
I had Rhino in my 2010 and had my '17 done within a week of getting it.
It is my understanding that the Rhino is more grippy than Line-x so stuff doesn't slide as well on it, which is just fine for me. 7 years and 100k miles on the last one and it held up great so the decision was easy for me. Nothin' beats a Rhino IMO..

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the less stuff i have to send the truck out for when delivered the better. i went factory liner. it will do what i need it to.

I did as well, before I learned it wasnt as good. A little disappointed, as I am pretty tough on the bed (rocks for rock walls, my sled has a studded track, firewood, etc.) but with my job, I really dont have the time to drop it off and get a bedliner put in, so I am happy that it will come already done.

I did a MonstaLina for my last truck and it worked grerat, but was like $200 in materials and a lot of effort scuffing the paint and applying it.

Ggh1969

Reaction score
I've had linex in every truck I've owned up till now. Installed the bedrug in this one. I don't haul much junk in my bed so this looks great and protects fine. If I end up not liking it I can always have linex done to it at some point.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have not had Line-x but it does seem more popular these days. Why do you say it is superior to Rhino? Additional info would be helpful. Thanks

Rhino is soft and rubbery. It is much more prone to grip whatever you've got in the bed of your truck, particularly if it's heavy. Because of this it is more prone to rib/tear damage.

Line-X isn't just one coating. They have several, some of which are used by the military for anti-spawl purposes on armor. The coating they use on truck beds has a harder surface than Rhino. That makes it easier to slide heavy objects while greatly resisting damage.

Think about how you use your truck and how you use your back when you load and unload. Do you climb up into the truck bed, position the load just so, and then put it down? Or do you toss it in there and slide it into position?

Having used both products, I think it's an easy choice.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been busy and haven't had a chance to get my Line-X done yet, they are about an hour away. I usually run Line-X and a bed mat. In the mean time I'm running a bed mat and a tailgate protector from a drop in bed liner.

attachment.php