Auto start with linkswell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ohioguy521

Reaction score
I know there's been many threads in here But I don't know if I've seen this specifically answered. I'm picking up my new Raptor Saturday and just have a few questions about how the auto start works. I know you can auto start it from the key fob and auto start it through Ford pass question is if I get a linkswell tablet am I still able to start both ways with the key fob and through Ford pass?
Just really trying to understand how the auto start works

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Linkswell Gen IV unit installed.

You won't loose auto-start functionality, and still will be able start and stop the truck from either keyfob or Ford Pass

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, if you're getting 2020 you would need to purchase two extra items for your Linkswell in order for everything to work:

B & O Sound Adapter
360 Camera Unit

I installed my unit a few days ago, a bit of mixed feeling overall on the entire UI/UX experience.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See my gen 5 Phoenix thread. Don’t go linkswell. Go Phoenix. And you’ll pass thru sync 3 as well.

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See my gen 5 Phoenix thread. Don’t go linkswell. Go Phoenix. And you’ll pass thru sync 3 as well.

Ha ha... Ford vs RAM, Phoenix vs Linkswell :)

There is nothing truly special about Sync 3 that needs to be kept. All features of Sync are duplicated on both Linkswell and Phoenix units.

The only difference is in one case you'll have 3 climate controls (Phoenix), and in other there will be one place to make adjustments (Linkswell).

I'm also pretty happy with Linkswell support, you get your answers in 2-5 minutes. With Phoenix, well.... you know the story.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right basically. I can’t dispute the truth.

However.... you lose satellite radio. You can stream Sirius without sync 3... but you lose the satellite link.

For me 2017, if I pull sync 3 out of the truck, I lose FordPass. How are you getting it to work with yours?

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re right basically. I can’t dispute the truth.

However.... you lose satellite radio. You can stream Sirius without sync 3... but you lose the satellite link.

For me 2017, if I pull sync 3 out of the truck, I lose FordPass. How are you getting it to work with yours?

Sirius XM - correct, I use streaming app. It actually works pretty well for me, since before I had to pay for 2 subscriptions (one for me, one for wifey). Now I'm paying only for one, since streaming app is free with paid subscription.

Ford Pass works just fine, I didn't loose any functionality at all with Linkswell. It's all there (remote start, I can see location, mileage, psi, oil life, etc..). My truck is 2020 Raptor, not sure if it makes the difference.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It must.

When you installed it, did you pull out your sync 3 module that plugs into your stock screen with it?