Advice Needed - Looking at buying a new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stockett86

Reaction score
Hey buddy, I hunt a lot too and do not plan on having kids soon. I went with the SCAB and I can fit everything in the back with the seat up and the single seat down. As we speak I have two backpacks, my rifle case an ice chest (20X20X15) binos, tripod and video filming equipment in the back with the whole passenger side seat and floor open. I also have a huge gear bag and a few other things in the bed and still have room to fit one or two full sized ice chests in the end of the bed. Hope this helps, Go with the Raptor.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2010 Black SCAB and traded it for a 2012 Red SCREW. Main reason for me was towing (6000lbs vs 8000lbs). The back seat on the SCREW is huge and more than enough legroom for friends. The SCAB back seat is manageable but I wouldn't want to be back there on a long trip. In terms of carrying gear the SCAB would likely be fine for almost everyone. My g/f has a 2011 Blue SCAB which was imported from the US by the dealer and we saved 5-6k. If you import yourself you can save more but most US dealers wont sell to Canadians as Ford had been clamping down on that.

When it comes to winter I see more of it then most on the forum and my stock Raptor has done fine if you can understand that it takes longer to stop on ice. Only issue on our end has been a few leaking power steering hoses (always the same hose) taken care of under warranty, likely due to extreme cold causing higher pressures I guess. Hopefully Ford has made changes to beef up the hoses but I couldn't see a difference. Dealers can't keep the hoses in stock once winter rolls around.

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a screw and love the extra room. My buddies often give me a hard time because 90 percent of the time, I just throw whatever gear I'm hauling in the back seat. The bed only really gets used for bikes, kayaks, beer bottles, etc.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, it sounds like you'd be putting about another 10k into the ram anyways?

But either way, as far as off-road capability, control, and feedback; There's a night and day difference between my brothers Black Widow edition GMC 1500 and the Raptor.