37" BFG ATs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Larger circumference of the tire vs the 35" tire.

www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Your GPS position should not change because of tire size. Maybe you are an inch higher up but your location should be pretty much the same. Maybe the system is trying to estimate your position somehow based on speed instead of actually tracking your position?

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the ride. Hard to explain. Softer, smoother, higher. My display must be broken because I have gotten the exact same gas mileage before and after the supercharger, full exhaust, and now 37's. The thing cannot be working. I have an Aeroforce guage, guess I will set that to see. My tune is off, but JDM and SCT finally got me a remedy today. Will load tomorrow. Anyone on the fence about 37 BFG's-do it. Looks great, rides, better. Fantastic!

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your GPS position should not change because of tire size. Maybe you are an inch higher up but your location should be pretty much the same. Maybe the system is trying to estimate your position somehow based on speed instead of actually tracking your position?
The gps in the truck is assisted gps, meaning that it uses inertial, speed and other sensor data to improve accuracy. If you have a tuner set your tire size correctly and your gps will be accurate again.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The gps in the truck is assisted gps, meaning that it uses inertial, speed and other sensor data to improve accuracy. If you have a tuner set your tire size correctly and your gps will be accurate again.

Definitely true. I disconnected the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) wire from a friends 2009 F-150 to see if it would unlock the features on the touch screen that are disabled when the vehicle is moving. It worked for a few minutes after we started driving around, but then we started to notice the location accuracy and time to destination in the nav was way off... eventually resulting in a error message and the nav not working at all. We ended up just putting the VSS on a toggle so he could enter an address while driving and then flip it back on.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

* Interesting, when you do that can you advise if it corrects the GPS issues?

* Do you notice more tire vibration with 37's?

No, I didn't notice any increase in vibration.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I didn't notice any increase in vibration.

- I disconnected by Neg terminal today, I will report if that fixes the issue!

- One of my rear tires took 10oz + 6.25oz, they are replacing it tomorrow. Must have an out of round tire on the rear causing the shimmy