2018 Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
According to Ford Chat, I was pulled for production, so I will live with the delete I chose, I am hoping the black hides it better than the blue.

But then I won't be looking at it as often as my buddy with Gen 1. :ROFLJest:

I kid, I kid, relax.

madrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Ford Chat, I was pulled for production, so I will live with the delete I chose, I am hoping the black hides it better than the blue.

But then I won't be looking at it as often as my buddy with Gen 1. :ROFLJest:

I kid, I kid, relax.

Having the exact same dilemma. I'd love to see a pic of the tailgate when you get the truck. I'm scheduled for 8/14. I hope the black hides it ok. :facepalm:

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate the new taillgate for the 18 Raptor. Make's it a F150 first and a Raptor second, which I guess is techicnally correct, but takes away from the awesomeness and specialty of the Raptor, which should be marketed 1st before the F150 category. If it said Raptor instead of F150 that would kick ass in my opinion only. Still prefer the 17 gate over this. Looks like Ford is pushing the wrong messaging with this truck. Would be great for all other non- Raptor F150s though.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whoever decided to copy Toyota's tailgate should be fired. At least they didn't copy Toyota's 1988 style tailgate handle.

2016-Toyota-Tacoma-CAS-2-630x420.jpg

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoever decided to copy Toyota's tailgate should be fired. At least they didn't copy Toyota's 1988 style tailgate handle.

2016-Toyota-Tacoma-CAS-2-630x420.jpg

Very true. It's a copycat industry though, like most. Their head designer should be let go if they knew the new Toyotas looked like this first. I've seen too many times companies working on a design and leaks get out on designs and other company scramble to beat them to the market