'13 MFT retro fit into a 12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfabrizio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a bit of a gadget geek and really like the new center stack (controls and button layout) and MFT of the '13s. I have a '12 SCREW that I love and definitely do not see the need to trade a '12 for a '13 just for the stack. So, I was wondering if anyone has swapped out their center stack and navigation on the '11/'12 for the center of a '13? If so, what did it cost you and where there any extra wiring or fabrication that needed to be done. I am assuming it would be a simple swap.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the button layout really worth the swap and dealing with MFT? Seems like sync is better.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a gadget guy too but man thats a dumb idea and heard nothing but problems withe MFT not that ours is much better. Im mounting a Google Nexus 7 in my truck to overcome the factory nav shortcomings.

Sent from my Note2

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad I didnt wait to get the 13 model and got a 12. I dont need the "latest" gadgets. Besides, there are more problems with MFT then is worth dealing with. I dont need nor want to access a touch screen to activate my heated seats when I can press a simple button. Less is more.

Rabnud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a gadget guy too but man thats a dumb idea and heard nothing but problems withe MFT not that ours is much better. Im mounting a Google Nexus 7 in my truck to overcome the factory nav shortcomings.

Sent from my Note2

Can/are you going to do a build thread?:lewx4: