J0shM1lls' 2013 Tux Black Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great, Stage 3 and Mid Perch for me relatively soon as well. ****, this truck is expensive. :)

Looking for Mid Perch first. I'm going by the local Ford dealer tomorrow morning. One of the service guys over there who handles my Bullitt is going to have me show his front end guy the mid perch power point slide show. We'll see what they quote me.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great, Stage 3 and Mid Perch for me relatively soon as well. ****, this truck is expensive. :)

Looking for Mid Perch first. I'm going by the local Ford dealer tomorrow morning. One of the service guys over there who handles my Bullitt is going to have me show his front end guy the mid perch power point slide show. We'll see what they quote me.

Steve,

That is cool you put it in a Power Point presentation...that is my kind of seminar...

Windspeed77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RPG Stage 3 IN! Now for Mid-Perch...
IMG_0313.jpg

Awesome!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Let me know what they think of the PPS.

OP
OP
J0shM1lls

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
J0sh,

You doing your mid perch this weekend? Make sure you post some pics! I'm getting mine done on Wednesday.

I think imma wait till Tuesday, gonna try to take it to the boys at RPG to do it. My buddy is too busy to let me borrow his lift apparently lol...

OP
OP
J0shM1lls

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok boys and girls... Mid-Perch done! I was gonna take it to Jarrett et al at RPG but they were full up and busy with a certain SOMEBODY's LPR... I'm not saying any names CHRIS lol! I spoke with Jarrett and he gave me a few pointers though so I knocked it out tonight when I got home from work... Here's a couple pics of the height before and after and steps in between...

Stock height @ front 40 1/8' (40.125')
IMG_0393.JPG

Rear height after RPG stage III
IMG_0394.JPG

Compressed the spring by jacking up the lower control arm, putting on the spring compressors that I borrowed from my local AutoZone, securing the spring to the top bucket with a tie strap, and then cranking the hell outta the spring compressors to make it easier to lift up the spring saddle high enough to move the clip up and re-secure the set screw.
IMG_0396.JPG

Dropped the LCA back down and here's the post Mid-Perch setup.
IMG_0397.JPG

All it took to get the job done.
IMG_0399.JPG

Front height after Mid-Perch. 41 3/8' (41.375') a gain of 1.25'
IMG_0405.JPG

I drove it to go get dinner with the wife and it definately feels higher. It feels just as good as it did at the stock height if not better. I'll take it later in the week to get it aligned just to make sure I'm good... The tires are so damned expensive I'd like to make em last as long as possible. I'm still perplexed at the fact that the rear "I think" is higher post stage 3. It's 2 5/8' higher than the front and from what I've read everywhere it usually sits lower after the upgrade. Either way the truck "Looks" level now and the gaps in the fender wells dont look as drastic when comparing them. I'll post up more pics tomorrow of the overall truck. It got too dark to take anymore pics tonight...

OP
OP
J0shM1lls

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****, I didn't realize you could do it without taking out the shock. I'm paying Four Wheel Parts $260 to do mine tomorrow morning.

Looks good though, man, good job.

Yep and it was relatively easy! Just gotta have a few tools, and around 2 hours! I'm hoping that $260 includes an alignment...? And THANK YOU!