Gimme FUEL, give me FI-YAAA...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... Gimme that which I desire!!!
DSC05196.jpg

DSC05197.jpg

DSC05198.jpg

New Tires/Wheels and a mid perch!
Fuel Octane 18x9's +1mm offsets
Toyo Open Country M/T 315/70R18's (35.7" tires)

A bit of a fiasco trying to get the dealership to do the mid perch. Asked them to do it when they put the new tires on and then do an alignment. "No Problem". Come back to pick up the truck. "They look good, but they rub a little when you turn tight." Hmmm... looks like you didn't do the mid perch adjustment. Guess that's why the tire swap and oil change only cost me $75. "Oh yeah... I forgot about the shocks."
I proceed to walk them through what they are going to need to do to adjust to mid perch. "We're going to have to take the shocks off to do that and then do an alignment."

tumblr_m1bb6vbDkA1r5jtugo1_500.png

Sucks you gotta do the alignment twice. "Oh, we didn't do an alignment. didn't know you wanted one."

angry-must-resist-l.png

Anyway, fast forward to today when I go back to pick it up for the second time... mid perch complete, yet the tire's still want to rub on tight turns, though only on the rubber mud flaps I have installed. With out the flaps they JUST clear, Soooooo... probably gonna start looking at some Boatec fenders.

damn... hahaha.

In the end, they look great and the mid-perch + alignment ran me less than $300! Can't beat that! Probably didn't hurt that my Raptor is the only one they've ever sold... :Big Laugh:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! Yea ditch this mane mud flaps haha and you could just trim a tiny bit back on the inside of the rear part of the wheel well and be good!

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! But typical when you take it somewhere to get work done.
Have you thought about doing the mirror reflector delete? looks great on black.

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! But typical when you take it somewhere to get work done.
Have you thought about doing the mirror reflector delete? looks great on black.

Yeah. I'd love to do the Recon smoked led reflector... except for the fact that it's Recon and no matter how cool their products might look they never seem to pan out for those that buy them and I can't in good conscience bring myself to buy anything from them.

Wish Raptor Retrofit would expand into other lighting add on's in addition to their HIDs. hahaha ;-)

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ Just get the factory replacements that are black.

Hahaha... I damn near did last night then I stumbled across these.

Still not completely perfect as they need to be siliconed to be weatherproof, but at the price and the fact that the fit and finish of them looks stock (where as the fit on the recons doesn't) I figured, what the hell. Worth a try. ;-)

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I take it you are a Metallica fan. Just a guess! The graphic on the side looks awesome, where did you get that?

:headbang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc