Black Rhino Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think they will fit. But the offsets are too conservative for my taste. A +30 offset is close to stock. Compare that to Methods with a 0 offset.

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Rhino Peak

Here are a couple of photos of a truck I almost purchased prior to ordering my 2014. This truck has the Black Rhino Peak in satin black w/ SVT center caps. They look pretty sharp to me!

Attachments

• Black_Rhino_Peak1.jpg
    Black_Rhino_Peak1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Black_Rhino_Peak2.jpg
    Black_Rhino_Peak2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they will fit. But the offsets are too conservative for my taste. A +30 offset is close to stock. Compare that to Methods with a 0 offset.

Thank you very much.

What exactlyh is the OFFSET doing? Is that what gives the wheel that nice concave look like those high end HREs or Advans? I see this wheel is kinda flat...like the Peaks (I am interested in those too), but I really wanted a nice 5 star or 6 if necessary, that was clean and mean...and the Method Fat Fives, Mambas, and these seem to be about it....so torn.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

The first shot gives a great view of JUST the wheel, but the 2nd shot is too close and at TOO wide of an angle to really see them ON the truck ya know. I can't believe via Google though there is literally nothing on a Raptor for either the Everest or the Peak yet.

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much.

What exactlyh is the OFFSET doing? Is that what gives the wheel that nice concave look like those high end HREs or Advans? I see this wheel is kinda flat...like the Peaks (I am interested in those too), but I really wanted a nice 5 star or 6 if necessary, that was clean and mean...and the Method Fat Fives, Mambas, and these seem to be about it....so torn.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

The first shot gives a great view of JUST the wheel, but the 2nd shot is too close and at TOO wide of an angle to really see them ON the truck ya know. I can't believe via Google though there is literally nothing on a Raptor for either the Everest or the Peak yet.

Yeah, the second shot I posted was to give you a perspective of the conservative offset that etalian talked about. Offset has nothing to do with concavity. The positive offset that etalian spoke of keeps the stock wheels "tucked" under the fenders, while a "zero" offset to a "negative" offset will push them out further from the fenders giving the truck a more aggressive appearance. Here is a side view of the same truck.

Attachments

• Black_Rhino_Peak3.jpg
    Black_Rhino_Peak3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, the second shot I posted was to give you a perspective of the conservative offset that etalian talked about. Offset has nothing to do with concavity. The positive offset that etalian spoke of keeps the stock wheels "tucked" under the fenders, while a "zero" offset to a "negative" offset will push them out further from the fenders giving the truck a more aggressive appearance. Here is a side view of the same truck.

^^^^ Exactly.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Exactly.

I guess I would need to see side by side pics to really get a legit perspective on this.

If Concavity is NOT affected by offset, but rather the relation of the Wheel to the Wheel Well/Side of the truck/Fender...than I would almost think a more negative offset, if that's the one that pushes towards the outside would almost look bad...b/c I have seen those trucks with Wheels sticking WAYYYY out and they look like a joke...vs. just getting a WIDE tire on a wide rim that fills up the wheel well, and looks mean/sick especially from the rear view.

For instance I had 275s stock on my 08 Sierra Denali and I went with Toyo Proxe STs that were 305 wide...and they looked SICK from any view, but especially the rear view...

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of, but not quite... this is the best explanation that I could find, and I am by no means an expert on this, "Wheel offset is, quite simply, the distance from the hub mounting of the wheel to its true centerline. In other words, the offset of a wheel is the distance between the place where the lugs connect the wheel to the vehicle and the actual middle (from a vertical perspective) of the wheel."
However, you are correct, you don't want too much negative offset. It would look silly, like you said, and would have adverse affects on the handling of the truck and could cause damage to the lugs, wheels, brakes, suspension, the whole footing system of the truck really. The Raptor, from what I have read is best at about a "zero" offset, but can take up to a negative 12 or so without looking totally "*******" and possibly doing harm to your truck. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• offset.jpg
    offset.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of, but not quite... this is the best explanation that I could find, and I am by no means an expert on this, "Wheel offset is, quite simply, the distance from the hub mounting of the wheel to its true centerline. In other words, the offset of a wheel is the distance between the place where the lugs connect the wheel to the vehicle and the actual middle (from a vertical perspective) of the wheel."
However, you are correct, you don't want too much negative offset. It would look silly, like you said, and would have adverse affects on the handling of the truck and could cause damage to the lugs, wheels, brakes, suspension, the whole footing system of the truck really. The Raptor, from what I have read is best at about a "zero" offset, but can take up to a negative 12 or so without looking totally "*******" and possibly doing harm to your truck. Hope that helps!

Yes, that helps A LOT, thanks man. So GD frustrating trying to find a wheel for this truck...NOTHING like GMC/Nissan which was EASY...man...

Does anyone have any pictures w/the Method Fat Fives installed?