FAQ Ultimate Plasti Dip FAQ/HOW TO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, with so many people doing all kinds of Plasti Dip stuff lately, and a few questions here and there throughout said threads, I have decided to post up some of the most helpful and informative videos I have found while researching the product and how to use it.

Enjoy.

First off, for anyone who doesnt know what plasti dip is, heres a quick rundown on the product.

Plasti Dip International was founded in the great state of Minnesota in 1972, and we’ve been developing and manufacturing our own specialty flexible, rubberized and protective coatings and repair products ever since. Perhaps our most famous and most popular home solution product is the appropriately named Plasti Dip, which literally has 1,001 uses (probably even more—I’ll have someone make a list). It can be used around the house, in the garden, for arts and crafts, for auto repairs, for coating tool handles and parts, and so much more. Let me put it this way: if you could paint it, you can Plasti Dip it—for comfortable grip, slip resistance, anti-moisture protection, abrasion and corrosion resistance, and more. Plasti Dip is a true DIY multi-purpose rubber coating.

Now, onto the videos.

PlastiDip Car Emblems, Badges and Front Grille - Step by Step - DipYourCar.com - YouTube

PlastiDip Rims - Without Taking Wheels off the Car - DipYourCar.com How To - YouTube

PlastiDip on Window Trim - Black Out Chrome Window Trim on Your Car - Dipyourcar.com - YouTube

PlastiDip - Masking, Lines and Stripes on Your Car - How to PlastiDip in Sections - YouTube

Does PlastiDip Really Peel Off?? - YouTube

PlastiDip LAYERING Technique! How to by DipYourCar.com - YouTube

Powerwasher on PlastiDip? - YouTube

PlastiDip a WHOLE CAR - How-to by DipYourCar.com - YouTube

How to Clean Wheels before using PlastiDip - YouTube

How to Fix PlastiDip (Texture, Tears, Troubleshooting) DipYourCar.com - YouTube

Now there are a ton of videos out there with people doing it various ways.
The above videos are the best way to do it. those guys at Dipyourcar.com have done a lot of trial and error to find the best ways to apply, fix/repair, etc.

if you follow those videos, you pretty much can't go wrong.

to view more of their videos, click here

Hope this helps people who are looking to go the plasti-dip route.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Very nice! I needed that last video actually. I got a tear in my fender today, so this is good stuff. Even though I'll probably just dump more dip over it for now, lol.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I can see subscribed threads from quick links, but how do I subscribe to a thread?

OP
OP

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice! I needed that last video actually. I got a tear in my fender today, so this is good stuff. Even though I'll probably just dump more dip over it for now, lol.

thats basically why i posted this.
saw that you had that issue, and had actually watched that video the day prior.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Ok, I can see subscribed threads from quick links, but how do I subscribe to a thread?

at the top of the first post, theres a link that says "thread tools"
click that and a dropdown menu will pop up. click "subscribe to thread"

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
oh man after watching the plasti dip whole car i wanna plasti dip my raptor!!! 6.2.. Ive never seen plastidip in canada??