wth.... is my computer taking a dump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ratty

Reaction score
Well this is a weird one... Was using my GPS and at first I thought I heard wrong, but the GPS voice said "LEFT" when it should've said 'RIGHT'. The map display was fine though. Then it did it again.... and a 3rd time as well (it's on a route I knew too....). Then when I got home, my keyfob all of a sudden doesn't work at all. Damnit, I wonder if my ECM computer is taking a dump... Yeah, it may just be coincidental but it was just too odd. Sucks too as my wife's car is out of commission, so we're down to only one vehicle atm... of course.

Anyone else ever have something like this happen to them??

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the built in Nav? Do you actually use that?

I’ve had nothing but issues with it on my ‘14. I generally know where I’m going, but if I don’t, I just use my phone.

Does anyone else still use the built in nav that they haven’t upgraded on a Gen 1?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t use built in NAV on any vehicle, not even my 2021 Porsche or my Gen3. Waze is so much better.

OP
OP
ratty

ratty

Reaction score
Is this the built in Nav? Do you actually use that?

I’ve had nothing but issues with it on my ‘14. I generally know where I’m going, but if I don’t, I just use my phone.

Does anyone else still use the built in nav that they haven’t upgraded on a Gen 1?
yeah, don't all Raptors have it? Yeah, it's always worked great, have had no issues with it at all... until this morning. It still works, well, other than the voice lying to me lol.

OP
OP
ratty

ratty

Reaction score
I don’t use built in NAV on any vehicle, not even my 2021 Porsche or my Gen3. Waze is so much better.
idk, the GPS on my Raptor is as good as any GPS I've ever used... including the top GPS unit I used when I drove a cab for a short time, there's nothing about this Raptor's GPS that is inferior to anything else I've ever used. It may be that the GPS in my Nav is a higher/better option that what came stock on the Raptor, as the guy who originally owned the truck (a doctor) dumped a bunch of money into every upgrade Ford offered for it (including his own upgrades, including an awesome sounding dual Flowmaster exhaust).

OP
OP
ratty

ratty

Reaction score
Replaced the battery in my keyfob, still dead... Waiting to pick up the wife later and check her duplicate keyfob. Ran my scanner on the truck, don't have any (new) codes... Always somethin'...

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The one thing that makes Waze superior to all is the warnings of LEO ahead.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter