WTF?! Warning + Citation for Headlights? Come On!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd2

Reaction score
New Guy,

Watch out for the Constables in Harris County, TX. 30 years later, they are ALL still trained to act and talk exactly the same. Most disrespectful a-holes you'll ever run across - each and every one of 'em. Exactly the same fake tough guy attitude, no matter who you deal with. Actually, it's quite funny to watch their act and hear them talk their sheet (so predictable).

Todd

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well unfortunately IAW with the law the lights are not DOT. Pay the money and just go on you cannot win. Gripe all you want but the light bottom line is not DOT and you will lose the argument. I have been playing that game for 30 years.

There is no recourse and the time and money spent fighting it is wasted.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"if I was having a bad day I'd give you a warning too."
That say's it all. We are all human. In any given moment we are all ********. The worse of it shines brightest when two bad frames of mind hit. That said, there really is NO excuse for a professional to respond that way.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sadly, he really has you with non DOT equipment; however an attorney could get the fine reduced but would most likely cost you more in the long run.
Now as for police officers, they are human and there are great ones, good ones, average ones and a few bad ones. They do thier best to weed out the "power hungry" guys who love pushing their authority but that does not always work. Keep in mind that so called "*******" could save your life the next day. Unfortunately I have had experience with a few "power hungry" officers that simply will not understand reason. I think we have all seen the you tube vids and items on the news of cops out of control. You better believe a good department will put guys like that at a desk in a heartbeat. There judges just like that as well as attorneys, doctors, politicians and anyone who has the least bit of authority over another individual. Just think about the joy many of us have dealing with city and state workers on issues where common sense is involved and they usually can't comprehend the subject. I had a client one time that got a huge tax bill for property he didn't own. The city told him he would have to prove "he didn't own the property" to not have to pay the tax bill. How exactly do you come up with that brilliant plan?

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was at a light waiting to make a left hand turn. Coming the opposite way was another fellow waiting to make a left hand turn. We both crept into the intersection and placed out blinkers on. This guy decides to flash his high beams at me rapidly flickering them for about 5 seconds. Annoyed, I threw my hands up. He flashed me rapidly again. So I hit him with my 20 and 40 inch LED bars and this guys reaction was PRICELESS. After a few seconds I turned them off. He made his turn and waved at me like " shit my bad dude". And that made my day.

Sorry about what happened. Cars lower then ours who aren't aware of our style lighting will always feel our wrath and think we are doing it on purpose

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree with a lot of the comments on this thread. Evidently the headlights in question are aftermarket and non-DOT street legal. If so, the policeman was simply doing his job.

Good post---so many even the older guys sometimes do not realize it is a fine line we walk when driving modified vehicles. LOL do not even go into non DOT tires which some idiots run on the street. You play the game to other people rules and if you get caught then you have to pay up. Just part of the game....

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I was a kid first learning to drive I flashed a cop becose he would not dim. Yep I got pulled over lol I did not know he was a cop he wasnt to happy at first but I learns from it.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cars lower then ours who aren't aware of our style lighting will always feel our wrath and think we are doing it on purpose

I can't disagree more with either the content or the attitude. We drive 6,000+ pound trucks. With that comes inescapable responsibility.