wrecked my 2012 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang so a 2014 is as new as I can get now. I was going to order a 2015 like I did for my 2012. Well who knows what is going to come of my deal here so I have time.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Am I correct in thinking I'd make a diminished value claim to my insurance agent right after I find out my low ball trade in value?

D

Deleted member 12951

Just a thought about the rain. If your dealership is a bunch of retards that won't either bring it off the lot or seal it up, then do you really want this dealership who clearly doesn't give a shit be the one to fix your truck. I don't know about you but I sure wouldn't. Food for thought...

Need to have it appraised with the damage even if fixed and one with no damage at all. The difference is the diminished value.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bussy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]The news said that my area is due to get a lot of rain over the next few days. Well my wrecked truck is sitting outside at the dealership shop and the driver door is all bent up and doesn't seal. So I guess the inside will be getting wet.

Visited mine today, the towing company had the driver's side door sealed up like @RDFTS mentioned.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to my agent and told him that if its not totaled I'm trading it in. And when the dealer low balls me im making a dismissed value claim. He said he wasn't fimiliar with a diminish value claim. A guy I work with sells insurance on the side and hasn't heard of it either.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

The news said that my area is due to get a lot of rain over the next few days. Well my wrecked truck is sitting outside at the dealership shop and the driver door is all bent up and doesn't seal. So I guess the inside will be getting wet.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Aren't making them right now? Did I miss something here? Why not?

I'd almost pray for them to leave it outside and uncovered. Let the rain eff up the interior. It'll get things a lot closer to being totalled.

OP
OP
O

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point if they don't seal it up they are idiots. But I won't bring it to their attention till after the fact cause that just adds to the claim

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]Am I correct in thinking I'd make a diminished value claim to my insurance agent right after I find out my low ball trade in value?

No, you have to settle all aspects of the property damage claim at the same time. You might consider asking a new car sales manager to give you the difference in value between an accident-free 2012 Raptor trade versus a wrecked/repaired 2012 Raptor trade. They should be willing to provide this info on their letterhead, especially if you will be ordering a new truck from them.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to my agent and told him that if its not totaled I'm trading it in. And when the dealer low balls me im making a dismissed value claim. He said he wasn't fimiliar with a diminish value claim. A guy I work with sells insurance on the side and hasn't heard of it either.

Just so you guys are aware. I personally got a check, a substantial one, for the diminished value of our 370Z Roadster a year and a half ago after a Suzuki TL1000R crossed the line and hit me on the Tail of the Dragon. I think the actual damage was around $4800. It was all bolt on items and the right front wheel. Neither front fender or the hood was damaged. Only the front facia and parts behind it in the nose.

Here is the email from the insurance guy that handled my claim...

"Great! We will certainly handle the replacement of the ClearBra separately when the time comes for that. I have spoken to the manager of the representative handling your claim to let him know that you will accept $3K for the diminished value claim. He will instruct the rep to send the draft to you along with a release that states the amount will satisfy that portion of your claim. Do you think you will be able to pick up your car today? If you aren’t able to, we can extend your rental through Monday of next week."

Z damage:

Bike damage: (it was totaled, rider was ok and glad that I was a rider and sympathetic)

How far he was in my lane when he hit me:

Some of you may recognize Killboy from his Photo site and YouTube videos. He is a great guy. He was the first one on the scene, on his way home from a days shoot. He drove almost 45 minutes down the mountain to a cell signal to make the 911 call and then stayed until someone got there to help.

Duck taped back together for the ride back to the cabin:

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you have to settle all aspects of the property damage claim at the same time. You might consider asking a new car sales manager to give you the difference in value between an accident-free 2012 Raptor trade versus a wrecked/repaired 2012 Raptor trade. They should be willing to provide this info on their letterhead, especially if you will be ordering a new truck from them.

Good info. I'll be speaking to the sales manager tomorrow.

svtippy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your loss. it looks totaled to me but im no expert if you fix it it will never be 100%

OP
OP
O

outdoorsmen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got word that my truck is totalled. So I guess I'm gonna be hard pressed to find what I want sitting on a lot. I don't know if I'm able to order a 2014 as I want it since there is no 2015 model.