Wiring Route for Cutout???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should be getting my DMH Cutout some time this week.

A local exhaust shop will do the welding and I will do the wiring for it.

Can anybody give me some insight on the route I should take to bring the wires into the cab of the truck?

I plan on putting the switch in the same location as the one in the video on youtube (in the front side of the Raptor's AUX Switch box)

So how do I bring the wires in????

Thanks guys.
--Chris

dredge38

Reaction score
Run the wire up and over the frame and run a zip tie on it. Then I drilled a hole and had a rubber grommet installed and ran it up and through the channel with the wiring harness in it. Then I tapped into the acc. power that is on the dash.

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run the wire up and over the frame and run a zip tie on it. Then I drilled a hole and had a rubber grommet installed and ran it up and through the channel with the wiring harness in it. Then I tapped into the acc. power that is on the dash.

See I didn't want to drill any holes, and was hoping someone would have a better way...:birgits_tiredcoffee

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i haven't looked but is there an existing grommet in the firewall that you can stuff the wire through?

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i haven't looked but is there an existing grommet in the firewall that you can stuff the wire through?

See now that is what I was hoping...

What about the giant bundle of wires that the Upfitter wires run in?

Could I smuggle the Cutout wire in the cab with these wires??

Or even cut a hole in to the rubber that these wires run through?

I just don't like making holes in perfectly good metal and ruining the rust integrity of the fire wall.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is 2 places to get the cutout wires into the cab. Don't need to drill at all. There is one in the middle of the second door and another one at the front of the front door. Get something to poke a hole in which ever you pick and run the wires through.

OP
OP
verytalonted

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done running the wire and drilling the hole in the upfitter box for the switch.

I used a steak knife to make a "X" in the unused part of the giant grommet that the upfitter wires (and a crapload of other wires) use to get into the cab. Then I used an old metal coat hanger to fish the cutout end of the supplied wire through it. This was no easy task, as the harness that plug in to the cutout is kinda big.

But with enough effort and a little lube, I got it throungh.

From there it was easy to route it down the fender liner and behind the step rails to where the cutout will be.

Tomorrow, the exhaust shop in charging me $35 for the welding. After that I will have to use the supplied gasket maker (RTV silicon) and bolt the Cutout on.

But all the wiring is ready to rock!

dredge38

Reaction score
The reason I drilled a whole was to get the wiring into the cab as quick as possible. Depending on where the mounted the cut out one of the grommets would work fine. Where mine was mounted I had more cable under the truck then I wanted. The more wire inside the truck then under the truck is a positive to me.