Wires through the firewall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be doing a stereo, lighting, and other upgrades to the truck in the next few weeks and am looking for places to run wires into the cab. I searched through the forum, and found some people prefer the driver's side grommet and others prefer the passenger side. I also read somewhere on this forum (that I cannot find) that there's a grommet under the passenger seat area? Can we post pictures here on all of the places people have found to get wires into/out of the cab?

I plan on using 1/0 CU positive and ground, and I know it's going to be a challenge! Thanks!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go through the passenger side. theres a couple gromets uou can use, theres also a spot you can drill and use your own gromet. you want to run power down the same side as the battery if possible to reduce interference possibilities

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are going to be running a good bit of wire or larger gauge there is a PERFECT entry point in the rear seat area under the carpet. One on either side about 4 inches inboard where you see my wires coming out. There is a plastic grommet there you can drill through for just this type of thing. I run my lithium in the bed of the truck and run 6 zero gauge and 2 4gauge into the truck to my amps.
ttt5.jpg

skaarju

Reaction score
If you are going to be running a good bit of wire or larger gauge there is a PERFECT entry point in the rear seat area under the carpet. One on either side about 4 inches inboard where you see my wires coming out. There is a plastic grommet there you can drill through for just this type of thing. I run my lithium in the bed of the truck and run 6 zero gauge and 2 4gauge into the truck to my amps.
View attachment 412176
Wonder if this can be done without getting rid of the batts and inverter for the pro power onboard 2k? How are you charging the lithium in the bed?

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if this can be done without getting rid of the batts and inverter for the pro power onboard 2k? How are you charging the lithium in the bed?
Still working the bugs out on this. The smart system is not beneficial to larger systems. I plan to do a battery delete up front, inverter will still be active. Another route I may take is installing a GMC harness to my Mechman 370 alternator which will throw a dash light but will allow me to tune for a desired steady voltage. Charging wise I just have a fuses run of zero ofc from the ALT straight to the battery. Our trucks have killer places to run wire into the cab.

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this back up, for the access by the rear door, is it a rubber grommet you drill through, or metal and then run a grommet? Anyone else have pics?