Wilwood Aero 6 Brake Kit at Hammer Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That suggestion wasn't from an engineer on the ground floor, it was from a corporate lawyer. In the penthouse office.
yeah id hope with 120ft lbs of tq it wont move on its own without any loctite, but f me for not putting it on and having something happen lol

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
only thing that seems weird to me is that they call for red loctite on the caliper bolts and need to take them off to replace the pads since the entire caliper needs to be taken off.
Just seems overkill and a pain in the ass for maintenance, i could see blue but red?
Wont lie - I did blue. 0 issues with looseness and I check my torque markings religiously.

I’m definitely curious how much it costs! I’m interested, but I’m also saving money preparing to get bent over and stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey by our government when taxes are due in a few months.

I like to think of it as balancing “a dollar for the fed means I get to spend a dollar on myself too”. Treat yourself or something.

Ill shoot you a message with pricing.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested as well. I have spent many of days at the track and brakes made me faster than Horsepower

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the Brakes today. I am disappointed in on the thickness of the pistons. I have never seen pistons that thin on any set of brakes I have ever done. I guess I will just have to find out the preform and how long they last.
2024-01-08 17.51.08.jpg2024-01-08 17.51.30.jpg

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I received the Brakes today. I am disappointed in on the thickness of the pistons. I have never seen pistons that thin on any set of brakes I have ever done. I guess I will just have to find out the preform and how long they last.
I didn’t notice this when installing mine, but I believe the pistons are steel or stainless steel, whereas most OE calipers are going to be phenolic (plastic) and therefore thicker. With the piston contacting the backing plate evenly, I don’t see it making much difference if any.

I would recommend having a die set on hand when doing the install, for some reason both flare flare nuts (vehicle side) came out hard and the threads needed to be cleaned up.

Also check your wheel weight clearance before test driving...spinning mine on the lift, there’s only about 1/16 of an inch clearance between the caliper body and wheel weights.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t notice this when installing mine, but I believe the pistons are steel or stainless steel, whereas most OE calipers are going to be phenolic (plastic) and therefore thicker. With the piston contacting the backing plate evenly, I don’t see it making much difference if any.

I would recommend having a die set on hand when doing the install, for some reason both flare flare nuts (vehicle side) came out hard and the threads needed to be cleaned up.

Also check your wheel weight clearance before test driving...spinning mine on the lift, there’s only about 1/16 of an inch clearance between the caliper body and wheel weights.
My past experience is with BMW M3 OEM's(E90 and F80), Brembo (6pot OEM Range Rover Sport), AP Radical 6pots calipers. They all had much thicker walled pistons by 5x-10x thicker. I should not have to worry about heating these up like I would on a track car so i would not expect pistons to deform.

Thank you for mentioning the Wheel Weigh clearance! I may not have thought of this since I will not be doing this on a lift. I know this last set of KO2's had a ton of weights added.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 439753View attachment 439754
Tracking mine hard in the dirt in extreme situations, ive had no issues with piston thickness nor have I received any customer feed back about it. Same as the kit on my Chevelle. Definitely would enjoy your feedback about these though!
Can't recall if the Alcons were any beefier.
Slightly larger but nothing compared to an OEM brembo that MRV was talking about.