GEN 2 Will V8 sounds be piped to the cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deezel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This whole idea of piping in sound is just sad.

I'm a fan of the ecoboost motors after driving two of my buddies F150s, am excited for the 2017 raptor.. and I STILL agree with this statement lol. I hope there is a way to cut that shit off because I don't want it ruining my ability to hear the turbos spooling. :mad:

Just own it for hellsakes. YES it's a V6. None of you V8 fans enjoy the sound of turbos spooling?

To me you can tell the performance by the sound and by how the thing propels itself. Doesn't really matter if it's a V8.

What about high RPM sport bikes? F1 cars? 2 stroke dirt bikes? Turbo charged 2 stroke sleds?

No?

Well.. I guess I'm the odd one out here. LOL

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Deezel To all your questions, my answer is no. I much prefer the sound of a big V8...and I don't think I am the only one. Why would Ford feel the need to pipe in a V8 sound if people wouldn't prefer it?!? Hmm

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the ecoboost motors after driving two of my buddies F150s, am excited for the 2017 raptor.. and I STILL agree with this statement lol. I hope there is a way to cut that shit off because I don't want it ruining my ability to hear the turbos spooling. :mad:

Just own it for hellsakes. YES it's a V6. None of you V8 fans enjoy the sound of turbos spooling?

To me you can tell the performance by the sound and by how the thing propels itself. Doesn't really matter if it's a V8.

What about high RPM sport bikes? F1 cars? 2 stroke dirt bikes? Turbo charged 2 stroke sleds?

No?

Well.. I guess I'm the odd one out here. LOL

I love the sounds turbo make depending on the application and how its done.

A big tuned diesel? Hell yes, ***** gnarly.

2 stroke sled ripping through some deep powder? For sure.

Modded turbo subie (which I own) heck yeah! But I will say leave the fart cans and overly loud BOVs off. I personally use recirc valves, you can still hear the blow off but its not so loud the whole neighborhood can hear it. Some people dont understand the boxer sound that come from most subies isnt solely because of aftermarket exhaust or cans its because they have unequal length headers. Newer subies have equal length headers now which eliminates most of that boxer rumble subies are known for.

Modded ecoboost? Yup, sounds decent just leave the BOVs off and recirc that shit because no one wants to hear your truck pshhhhhhhhhhhhhh all over the place.

I think turbos are awesome and always have since the first time I took an insane ride a long time ago in a heavily modded 3000gt VR4.

With that being said I agree, own that shit and dont pipe sound into my speakers, ***** stupid. Instead engineer a better sounding exhaust that we actually want to listen to.

Last edited:

Deezel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Deezel To all your questions, my answer is no. I much prefer the sound of a big V8...and I don't think I am the only one. Why would Ford feel the need to pipe in a V8 sound if people wouldn't prefer it?!? Hmm

I hear you. My truck came with the roush exhaust and my god it does sound awesome.

What I don't like though is the **** fuel economy, heavy iron block and the transmission gear spacing.

The ecoboost is supposed to improve on all these things. I'll trade the sound for improvement. Especially when it comes with a twin turbo motor making more power/torque.

Also for such a giant displacement motor it is seriously lacking torque down low. I never thought I'd have to wring out a 6.2L the same way I do to my track cars.

To be real though the 6.2 has been proven to be reliable. This is ultimately what you want in an offroad truck. I too am concerned about the ecoboost staying cool, potentially grenading turbos and some of the carbon build up issues seen on the current eco boost. Also the 10spd trans could be a huge improvement but again, it's got to prove reliable.

I'm def excited for the new truck but I'm also torn between chucking a deposit down at my dealer to have one of the first trucks vs. waiting it out to see if they have any first model year issues.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

With that being said I agree, own that shit and dont pipe sound into my speakers, ***** stupid. Instead engineer a better sounding exhaust that we actually want to listen to.

Amen!

This is the other curious thing. No one has even heard one yet! My roush equipped truck sounds loads better than a stock raptor. Imagine what could be done to the V6 with the correct exhaust. It could sound like a twin turbo V8! I don't think anyone here will complain about that.

I did some searching.. Here is an MBRP on an ecoboost. Sounds pretty damn good IMO. Especially with the turbo whine piled on top..that's just icing on the cake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aplnrm7NlFs

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a personal thing I guess. I personally can't stand the sound of the V6TT with dual exhaust. Just sounds too different than the 6.2L. But thats just me. And then want to pipe in a V8 sound? Why? It will only make the occupants feel better. Those outside will still have to deal with the weakness.

Keep it real Ford. Piping in V8 sound will not make anyone buy the truck, especially those that know better.......