Why 4.10 gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apeezie289

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why did Ford decide to gear the Raptor so low? Has anyone swapped their 4.10s to 3.73s or higher?

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptors are SVT vehicles. SVT vehicles are supposed to be fast. To make up for not having a supercharger like the Lightnings had, they gave us bigger engines and bigger gears to give our trucks more torque to get off the line. Plus bigger gears over come our bigger tires. I'm sure if they just bolted on these bigger tires with 3.73s, they'd be dogs off the line. If SVT wasn't worried about these trucks being fast, I'm sure we'd have 3.73s and no one would be complaining about ****** fuel economy. I bought this truck cuz it's fast and fun. If I was worried about fuel economy, I would have definitely not bought a truck.

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought mine for the fuel economy.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Not!

Rocknron

Reaction score
I was thinking about going to 4:56 gears, was wondering if the extra pop down low would be worth the lost mpg.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^ wouldn't be a bad mod and actually a more ideal gear for a true 35" tire or even more so for a 37".