Who's hauling a 12v fridge/freezer and how are you securing it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Setpower RV45D for a few trips we have planned. I'm curious how people are securing their coolers or are you just letting it slide all over the place in the bed?

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Setpower RV45D for a few trips we have planned. I'm curious how people are securing their coolers or are you just letting it slide all over the place in the bed?
I have a dometic fridge and I put it in the cab behind passenger seat with the 40 back seat folded up. Passenger still has plenty of leg room. If I was to put it in the bed there is no way I would just let it slide around back there. Maybe a bed divider to keep it between divider and the tailgate and then find some way to keep it from going side to side with a strap?

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:flipthebird:

What he said up there. The fridge doesn't have to work as hard to stay cool since it's in climate control; it can plug into the DC outlet in cab; the compressor won't collect a bunch of dust from riding in the bed - extending the life of the fridge; I can open it and access it while driving.