who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blbills

Reaction score
Just saw a press release about android auto now working wirelessly with some devices. Anyone know if this will be supported on the Raptor?

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waze app updated for iOS last night but I see no mention of SYNC integration in developer notes.

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waze android updated this morning

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180416-091535.jpg
    Screenshot_20180416-091535.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 50

Morn

Reaction score
Waze app updated for iOS last night but I see no mention of SYNC integration in developer notes.

Saw that, but yes this isn’t the one we need yet.

I tried it on my way to work just in case someone didn’t update the patch notes correctly, but no luck.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured that, haven’t been in the truck today but I assume when Waze updates to work with Sync we’ll see it in developer notes.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the update makes sygic run smoother, thats all we know for now..improvement for applinks

it wont stop from installing, it wont stop and tell you you have the latest version, it will go 18025 --18093

When I check at ford (I'm on 18025) it says my sync software is up to date... so how the **** can I get 18093 then? FYI Waze on iPhone throug the radio is awful... It does work though.

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I check at ford (I'm on 18025) it says my sync software is up to date... so how the **** can I get 18093 then? FYI Waze on iPhone throug the radio is awful... It does work though.

18093 is unofficial for now, you'd need the direct link to download, not public yet. improvements on applinks like sygic, nothing visible changes

THUMPER

Reaction score
I tried to report the successful upgrade to Ford but am getting the error message:

Upload unsuccessful. Please try again later. If you continue to experience problems, contact us.

Anyone else?

Same problem here , I've done it successfully in the past but for the 1st time I get the same message.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Anyone else have this issue since upgrading to the 3.0?
- Every time I start the truck cold it gives me the wifi screen about updates
- Android Auto seems to have disappeared. There's nowhere to enable it in Sync like it was in 2.3.

Same annoying issue here with the WiFi update message every time , I even tried turning WiFi off completely in my truck and still the same results.

Morn

Reaction score

Oh hey you’re right. Waze does work on SYNC now.

You need to turn off CarPlay, plug in your phone via USB, launch Waze, then go to Apps -> Find Mobile Apps and it should show up.

It took a couple of connection tries for me before everything settled down and worked properly. The first time it connected it acted odd.

So it replaces “Nav” with “Waze” at the bottom. The performance is a little off, like not as smooth as what you’d expect on phone. If you navigate anywhere else on your phone, you can’t see Waze on the sync screen. Kind of strange. I wish Spotify was still supported. I’ll give it a go for a while and see how it works out.

KDCane

Reaction score
I cant get Waze to work. I’m on 18025. From the normal F150 forum it seems like mostly people with non 2018 trucks are getting it to work.

I’ve tried a real apple cable many plus and unplugs and nothing. I also re upgraded to Sync 3 3.0 again and nothing.

FWIW the Mobil Speedpass app doesn’t work on mine either.

I also have a weird problem that I can’t tell Ford I upgraded. The owner.ford.com site never shows I’m updated even though I uploaded the file.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Same problem here , I've done it successfully in the past but for the 1st time I get the same message.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Same annoying issue here with the WiFi update message every time , I even tried turning WiFi off completely in my truck and still the same results.

This is because it can’t check or hasn’t successfully checked for an update. I had to set my phone as a hotspot and get it to check. When it did no message.