Sync3 Info System with major bugs—what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off of a Chat with Ford Sync and got the following information. This is a quote from the Chat Window:

Thank you for your patience. I was able to see here, you have the SYNC Gen 3, SYNC Version 3.4.22251.

I see that your vehicle has the latest software update, and this may have caused the issues you're having. Our Ford engineers are aware of these issues and are diligently working on an update to fix them. They are currently testing the update to make sure once it's rolled out to all affected customers, it will fully resolve the problems. Update should be available by the end of September, if not sooner, and notification will be sent to your Fordpass app, and the email attached to your owner.ford.com account.

Note-DO NOT PERFORM A MASTER RESET ON VEHICLE.

I would get on chat and report the problem if you are experiencing issue after the update. Agent said he would add my VIN # to the list of vehicles with this problem and I would be notified through the Ford PASS App when the update is available. Based on what I'm seeing on multiple forums, there are hundreds of owners experiencing these issues.