Who actually likes their aftermarket exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pavendort

Reaction score
I currently run the full Borla Stype system, zero drone and sounds good. I decided to get the SPD trombone and their new HX muffler which I will hopefully be installing tomorrow. I wanted to try something new and the sound clips sounded good. If I end up liking it I will be listing the Borla Stype system for sale for anyone interested in that setup.
This with the SPD catted downpipes is my plan. I am just concerned about drone. Let us know how you like that combo and how it compares to the sound clips.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This with the SPD catted downpipes is my plan. I am just concerned about drone. Let us know how you like that combo and how it compares to the sound clips.
No drone for me, I was especially worried in the 60-75 mph range. A slight drone of sorts at slow speeds in the 2k rpm range but it moves past that fast

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No drone for me, I was especially worried in the 60-75 mph range. A slight drone of sorts at slow speeds in the 2k rpm range but it moves past that fast

Hmm, no drone but a slight drone... seems... contradictory?

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, no drone but a slight drone... seems... contradictory?
Yeah I say slight drone because it could just be the exhaust tone I am hear at that range, to be fair I have about 20min behind the wheel as I just installed it.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borla Stype listed for sale in garage section if anyone is intereste.

thinkrevolutionx

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was younger, I put exhaust on all my vehicles and was always confused as to why no one else did. Used to love finding one with just the right sound and I'd love to gas it, especially under an overpass. Nowadays.. I want my vehicles to be quiet, and when I hear a loud exhaust I think how annoying that must be to live with. Funny how times change

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I say slight drone because it could just be the exhaust tone I am hear at that range, to be fair I have about 20min behind the wheel as I just installed it.
Any updates? Still happy with it?

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates? Still happy with it?
Fitment has been an issue still, been having some issues with tailpipe's seating properly, still love the overall sound. Learning to live with the little bit of drone I have been experiencing in the 2k rpm range. That has seem to have gotten worse since my last attempt at readjusting the tailpipes where they meet the HX muffler. Still have a leak in that area. Going to get a pipe spreader and try to open the ends of the HX muffler to get everything seated properly and secured better and see if there is any improvement in that respect.