Who actually likes their aftermarket exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so the S-type with the resonator added and x-pipe removed is 100% perfect. It is louder than stock, has a better idle, no drone, no rasp and just plain sounds good. Is it worth $1k, f*ck no but it is the way to go. Plus now I have the xpipe I can throw in if I'm feeling like I want it annoyingly loud again.

bRa_DeN

Reaction score
@french raptor
The s type is exactly what your looking for with the borla resonator! I can still remote start and not worry about waking the neighborhood at the crack of dawn as long as I don’t step on it. If I step on it you get a rumble with so exotic sound. And I like the comment you’ll have the x pipe if you ever want more noise and rasp lol

FrenchRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys. I’ll look into things a bit more and go from there. One question.... so you purchased the Borla S type “mid-pipes” only? Installed the resonator but left off the X-pipe? Did you use the stock pipes in place of the X-pipe or are there pipes that come with?? Confused...

TheC-Don

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys. I’ll look into things a bit more and go from there. One question.... so you purchased the Borla S type “mid-pipes” only? Installed the resonator but left off the X-pipe? Did you use the stock pipes in place of the X-pipe or are there pipes that come with?? Confused...
You can modify the stock resonator to work with the S-Type. It worked for me and sounds good

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As suggested in the next post...That is what I did also. The X-Pipe adds drone. Sounds good with modified OEM Resonator. I posted that solution on another thread on here a while back...Here are some pics that may help.

Good luck...

DC

1s.jpg

2s.jpg

11.jpg

boxer-werke

Reaction score
For the Ford Performance exhaust owners, is there any way to visually distinguish between Sport & Touring models? I bought a used ‘18 SCAB and the PO wasn’t sure which he had. Some FP literature mentions one or two valves… in the main muffler, I’m assuming.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the Ford Performance exhaust owners, is there any way to visually distinguish between Sport & Touring models? I bought a used ‘18 SCAB and the PO wasn’t sure which he had. Some FP literature mentions one or two valves… in the main muffler, I’m assuming.
Now I thought that the touring had a slightly larger rear muffler than the sport - they both have resonators as well.

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently run the full Borla Stype system, zero drone and sounds good. I decided to get the SPD trombone and their new HX muffler which I will hopefully be installing tomorrow. I wanted to try something new and the sound clips sounded good. If I end up liking it I will be listing the Borla Stype system for sale for anyone interested in that setup.