Which light bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wkeefe

Reaction score
My Raptor is due to be here on the 28th. Keeping my fingers crossed. Anyway, I have a question about light bar and lights for the front end. Which should I order that will not interfere with the front camera view?

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing. Don't have the front camera, but have read many, many threads about leaking etc. The M&R's seem very reasonably priced and I haven't seen anyone reporting leak issues on those, anybody have any feedback. Not to highjack your thread wkeefe, just have the same question.

OP
OP
W

wkeefe

Reaction score
No problem cage. Not sure I am following you on the leaking issue. I was concerned about lights obstructing camera view.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've heard the Ford Racing light bar with lights blocks the front camera, but i think you can mount them on the bottom of the bar, who knows. But they do block the camera. Shoulda gotten a 2011. ;)

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are talking about two different products.

Lighting:
Rigid's tend to leak (ask anyone with D2's).
I prefer VisionX.

Bars: What are you looking for? I like the 20" light bar for the lower grill with a VisionX bar in it. Do you want a full bumper replacement or one like Whistler's or one like I have or the Outlaw Raptor hood mounted ones (I have these too..they are awesome).

Things to take into consideration: What are you going to do with your truck? Street driver? Raptor Runs? Forest Roads?

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wkeefe said:
No problem cage. Not sure I am following you on the leaking issue. I was concerned about lights obstructing camera view.

A lot of light products wether they be replacement headlights, taillights, or light bars have reports of water leaking in. I don't care if they replace them (as the more reputable companies have), I don't want to deal with it to begin with.

OP
OP
W

wkeefe

Reaction score
You are talking about two different products.

Lighting:
Rigid's tend to leak (ask anyone with D2's).
I prefer VisionX.

Bars: What are you looking for? I like the 20" light bar for the lower grill with a VisionX bar in it. Do you want a full bumper replacement or one like Whistler's or one like I have or the Outlaw Raptor hood mounted ones (I have these too..they are awesome).

Things to take into consideration: What are you going to do with your truck? Street driver? Raptor Runs? Forest Roads?

Everyday driver. Some off roading. Alot of dirt road riding. Want to light it up when needed. I think that the 20" VisionX is going to be the way to go to avoid blocking camera.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Everyday driver. Some off roading. Alot of dirt road riding. Want to light it up when needed. I think that the 20" VisionX is going to be the way to go to avoid blocking camera.

How about the Dually fog lights? Or a VisionX bar, you could easily fit a 20" low pro in the lower grill area