Wheel bearings back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stef700

Reaction score
I'm searching for the part number for both the wheel bearings in the back and the pressure plates (don't think its the right name) can anyone assist in this. My shop in Belgium is gonna replace them but we need the correct part number to order them. thanks everyone

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stef700

Stef700

Reaction score
So I found the bearing number thanks to a American soldier that's is at a Belgium military base where my oldest brother is based. The bearing is part number 5L3Z-1225-AA. I order them on eBay, I hope it works out.

OP
OP
Stef700

Stef700

Reaction score
Because I felt juggling in the steering of the truck when driving and braking firm, first we changed the brakes in the back, diss and pads because they where almost finished (67.000 miles) and could resolve the issue. It was better but bot completely gone, so we took the wheels off and measured if there was any play on the axles, and yes there was. So I ordered the bearings and the other ring of the brand "National" so we can replace them. The parts are in and the truck goes in on Thursday. Hopefully it will be sorted out. I will update Thursday evening

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because I felt juggling in the steering of the truck when driving and braking firm, first we changed the brakes in the back, diss and pads because they where almost finished (67.000 miles) and could resolve the issue. It was better but bot completely gone, so we took the wheels off and measured if there was any play on the axles, and yes there was. So I ordered the bearings and the other ring of the brand "National" so we can replace them. The parts are in and the truck goes in on Thursday. Hopefully it will be sorted out. I will update Thursday evening
Are you referring to axle end play? If so, it’s normal to have some end play in both axles, the rear wheel bearings do not retain the axles, they’re a c-clips design.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Generally you don’t feel rear end issues in the steering wheel feedback.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck but not sure your going down the right path for your problem.

OP
OP
Stef700

Stef700

Reaction score
Got my truck back with the new bearings and took it for a test drive. All the vibration in steering wheel is gone. I put almost 40 miles of testing on it with heavy braking and even 10 miles thru a forest/dirt road while going 40-50 miles per hour and nothing of vibration or juggling in the steering wheel. So I think its fixed, gonna put miles on it now just working and hopefully it stays away.

OP
OP
Stef700

Stef700

Reaction score
Are you referring to axle end play? If so, it’s normal to have some end play in both axles, the rear wheel bearings do not retain the axles, they’re a c-clips design.
Not sure if its axle play, English is not my native language, so we call it literally translated wheel bearings but it can be wrong. On normal cars here if we put them on a jack we push and pull on the wheel to see if we feel play on it while it is in the air, when the wheel bearing is broke the wheel will move and sometimes tics when pushing/pulling. With the Raptor we did not feel it when doing this test but they measured it on my request because I was feeling vibration while driving. My mechanic called the bearing system "the old system" because European cars had this bearing system in the past but now not use it anymore. But that's just what he said.

OP
OP
Stef700

Stef700

Reaction score
Generally you don’t feel rear end issues in the steering wheel feedback.
Thats what my shop said, but on my request the measured it anyways and I did ordered the new bearing. They had play in it, and I already ordered them so i let them change the bearings to be sure. Parts and labor was 325 dollar, not so bad.