What Two Way Radio do I get and why

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Believe it or not your voice has a huge impact as well. There is a couple of us hams that all have the same radio and some boom in loud and some are quiet. We all talk the same distance from the mic. I've actually gone into the service menus to increase the mic gain on mine... I don't have a good radio voice lol.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Believe it or not your voice has a huge impact as well. There is a couple of us hams that all have the same radio and some boom in loud and some are quiet. We all talk the same distance from the mic. I've actually gone into the service menus to increase the mic gain on mine... I don't have a good radio voice lol.

Hmmm... you and shooter talk ham?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Vertex I could hear every one good I did have a bit of trouble hearing Huck every once in awhile I was thinking moose was helping.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We've noticed that icom guys here each other just fine. Some tyt guys have trouble hearing me but that's cause I never talk into the mic.

No certs needed for some frequencies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a view on which of these radios is better, for both general ham (2 meter primarily) and race frequencies: Icom ID-880H and Yaesu FT-857D.

Both seem to have detachable remote faces, several bands, similar power, relatively compact, not "too much radio" which are all things I'm interested in.