What to do to my new toy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure how the previous owner used it, but my guess, from some common sense signs, is that they weren't super tame to it. I'm betting it was a work truck of some type, but the truck seems to be in good mechanical state. As far as the suspension, I had it moved to the mid perch due to the rubbing, and it does still rub a bit from time to time. I mainly use it as a daily driver but do want to be able to take it offroad to have a bit of fun if the moment arises. The area I live in, (Lubbock, Tx), is not exactly conducive to major offroading, but hey, I don't mind driving somewhere to have some fun! The lights was the most obvious thing I had to change. The factory headlights SUCK!! I keep seeing people doing an upgrade on the suspension. Is it really a huge improvement over stock? Definitely am looking into some of the vinyl graphics kits, so that is probably going to be pretty soon.

I'm in lubbock as well, I have upgraded the suspension and love it. Definitely not for everyone though, it makes the on road a little rougher. But there's small suspension things that can be really helpful without losing the extremely soft ride. I'd recommend changing the UCAs. I had about 35000 on the odometer when I did and it really noticed a difference in how solid it felt on the highway especially in the wind lol.
But I agree with whoever said it above, the easiest way to set yourself apart is a wrap.

Has your truck gotten tagged with a SPARK card yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For exterior ideas, you can check out our photo gallery of most of the Raptors we have done at our shop.

Baja Forged Products | LGE*CTS Motorsports home of L&G Enterprises and Custom Truck Shop

For suspension, I like the ICON stuff. All of our Raptor goodies can be found here.

Ford Raptor Products at LGE*CTS Motorsports | LGE*CTS Motorsports home of L&G Enterprises and Custom Truck Shop

Oh and if you are a crazy type of person (like us). Then check this one out :)

Whipple Supercharger | LGE*CTS Motorsports home of L&G Enterprises and Custom Truck Shop

Congrats on your new truck! Welcome to the madness, and if you ever need an opinion, any one of the vendors, and many of the folks here are able and willing to help!

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on how much you want to spend, what your CFO says is appropriate, and on, and on...

Me, I have 13 screw. Modifications so far?
KC light bar on the front with 4 round 7" LED Lights, off ebay. Cost? $700 total
NAV-TV. Cost me $100 to install. $400 for the unit.
WSI Rear Springs $1450
Geiser Bros. Front Springs $500
Install $800
UWS tool box $250
Roush System $9700
Toyo AT II's $1600
Fuel Wheels $1200 ( I think, I got them with another Raptor and kept them)
Front Window Tint $100
Duha $200
Rear bumper lights. $300
That puts me at an even $17300 in upgrades, and 99% of the people that look at my truck would think I am totally stock, except for the front LED's. I also have strobes and LED Flashers, since I do a lot of street work. They were about $750 installed.

OP
OP
W

WTXRaptor

Reaction score
I'm in lubbock as well, I have upgraded the suspension and love it. Definitely not for everyone though, it makes the on road a little rougher. But there's small suspension things that can be really helpful without losing the extremely soft ride. I'd recommend changing the UCAs. I had about 35000 on the odometer when I did and it really noticed a difference in how solid it felt on the highway especially in the wind lol.
But I agree with whoever said it above, the easiest way to set yourself apart is a wrap.

Has your truck gotten tagged with a SPARK card yet?

I don't guess I am familiar with a SPARK card. What exactly is that? And yeah, I'm talking with a couple of places here locally about a wrap as we speak. No offense, but my silver isn't my favorite color, but the deal was WAY too good to pass up. And as far as the ride, I'm not sure if it's my tires or what, but the ride is definitely stiffer than any other Raptor I've rode it. :-/

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SPARK is a group that we started for all of the raptor owners in lubbock. We have cards that we put on raptors when we see them to spread the word.
Mine had also gotten stiffer with mileage. After awhile they need to be rebuilt I guess
Look us up on Facebook. We r having a meetup here in a few weeks