What color option did you choose for your Gen2 Raptor?

What color option did you choose for your Gen2 Raptor?

• Avalanche Grey (New) - Exclusive to Raptor in the F-150 Lineup

Votes: 79 30.7%
  • Lightning Blue (New)

Votes: 59 23.0%
  • Ingot Silver

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Oxford White

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • Magnetic

Votes: 39 15.2%
  • Race Red

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Shadow Black

Votes: 26 10.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyones on the fence about Avalanche heres a ton of pics I took today of an Avalanche GT350

Avalanche GT350 - Photobucket

Was inbetween Lightning and Avalanche and after seeing in person my mind is 100% made up, Avalanche. :favorites13: Plus it's exclusive for the time being...

Thanks for taking and posting all those pic's! I ordered an Avalanche Raptor a few weeks ago but I was still unsure. Your pic's helped put my mind at ease. That color looks awesome.

kevin85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because it's limited to Raptor for now, at least it won't look like every other F150 on the road.

The raptor does not look like every other F150 to start with...I can tell it's a raptor from very far away regardless of color.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the Ford press release, color options for the 2017 Raptor are:
Avalanche Grey
Lightning Blue
Ingot Silver
Oxford White
Race Red
Shadow Black

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

And Magnetic Grey (late release)...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I ordered Ruby Red.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I put this in another thread--

White--too hard to keep clean.
Black--too hard to clean properly.
I don't want a red truck.
I'm sick of looking at the blue press/teaser truck.

Went with Avalanche.

White hard to keep clean? That's what's great about white, scratches and dirt don't show much until it's bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
White hard to keep clean? That's what's great about white, scratches and dirt don't show much until it's bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. Ill never own a black vehicle again. White is so much easier to take care of especially if you have OCD when you wash your vehicle. Swirl marks and dust stress me out on black vehicles.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Ill never own a black vehicle again. White is so much easier to take care of especially if you have OCD when you wash your vehicle. Swirl marks and dust stress me out on black vehicles.

HA! I hear you on both the black and the OCD. I have owned one solid black on black vehicle to date - still plan on making that the only black vehicle I'll ever own at this point. Not for me, still love how they look when they are someone else's.

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HA! I hear you on both the black and the OCD. I have owned one solid black on black vehicle to date - still plan on making that the only black vehicle I'll ever own at this point. Not for me, still love how they look when they are someone else's.

Isn't that the irony though? If you're cleaning your vehicle all the time, what does the color matter at that point? Sure, swirls and dust will show on some angles. Dust is easily taken care of with a swiffer, right? I'm somewhat OCD with my cars and I kept my last black car pretty clean and it looked awesome. Around age 11-12, I started to not care as much and it showed its age but one quick drive through the car wash and it was gleaming again.

I still have some time to switch from black to avalanche grey though. The uniqueness of the color is tugging at me but I feel I'll get a little bored of the color over time as it doesn't pop when it's clean nor does it stand out when it's dirty so it's a great middle-road for the OCD'ers (like me!). I'd love to see it with the hood and rear graphics though!

This pic from ADD did it in for me:
bAba5O.jpg

More Avalanche:
JX3C5484.jpg
auto-show-photos.jpg
auto-show-photos.jpg
auto-show-photos.jpg
auto-show-photos.jpg
auto-show-photos.jpg
auto-show-photos.jpg
auto-show-photos.jpg

Link to full album: #NAIAS: DETAILED Inside + Out! Ford Drops The All-New F-150 Raptor And 001 SNAPS The BEST Real-Life Pics! - AutoSpies Auto News