Weird problem - any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed 2 flush mount D2s in rear bumper. Noticed they are different colors. One is correct and the other is a few shades off in color and brightness. Have them to upfitter switch 1 with a 20 amp fuse. When I unplug the "good one" the "bad one" brightens up to the correct color and brightness. Plug the good one back up and the bad one comes back down. Called Rigid and they say the 20 amp fuse has nothing to do with it eventhough it calls for 15amp. 20 is the smallest FMX I can find. They had me unplug my fronts and that had no affect. The wiring is simple but the problem is not? Any one else had anything like this?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How are they wired? One wire heading back and connected at lights or one wire for each light up to the aux switch?

OP
OP
STUTIDE

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are they wired? One wire heading back and connected at lights or one wire for each light up to the aux switch?

They came spliced together towards back (a couple feet) with one lead going up to upfitter switch. Not sure what guage lead wire they used to upfitter switch. I was going to do the wiring but they offered to do it since they scratched my bumper. They ran the lead wire with all the taillight wiring harness. Actually a lot cleaner than the way I was planning on doing it?

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make sure the ground wires are also in parallel and have good connections.
Check the soldering on all connections.

OP
OP
STUTIDE

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats weird to me is that they work properly when the other is unplugged? Could it be they used to small of wiring like some one said ^^^. If they had used 14 guage would that be enough to make that much of a difference? Since they followed the original wiring wiring harness - that is a long way up there! Longer than going right up the frame rail.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Make sure the ground wires are also in parallel and have good connections.
Check the soldering on all connections.

Prop Dr - your lights up front look incredible!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc