Weird Left Rear Wheel wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Sounds like a bent axle shaft. I would definitely jack up the back tires before I took it to the dealer, like Corona said. You should be able to just put it in neutral and spin the tire by hand, watch the brake rotor and tire as they rotate.

If you did some wicked drunk curb checks, or loaned the truck to a buddy, it is within the realm of possibility.

If you're mechanically inclined, you can pull both shafts and the diff center pin and run a straight rod from the known good axle side, thru the diff bearings and see where it hits the other end of the axle. It would take a heck of an impact to bend the actual housing. That, or someone welding on it.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the wheel wobbles, that's a bent wheel or axle. You have already checked the wheel, so replace the axle shaft. If the housing is bent, that would cause an alignment problem, not a wobble. They might both be bent, but replace the axle first, then check the alignment. If the wheels are toed in or cambered out of spec, then the housing is bent. The housing can be straighten by a good alignment, body shop or off road repair shop. I would add a support if the housing is bent.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing that bothers me is if the axle is bent, you should be getting pulsing in the brake pedal because the rotor will also be wobbling. Does you brake pedal pulse?