Wastegate Rattle on Startup Fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxCOR

Reaction score
Only FYI, My 2018 has started doing this now and dealer said its the wastegate and normal. Guess I will deal with it until I cant and try the Hillman spring fix lol

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there was a TSB for this at one point but not sure what years it applied to. Even with the TSB they can still rattle. Some have apparently fixed it with a spring from Lowes: Hillman part #543183

I did the Hillman spring fix a week ago and it works perfectly. Took me a few minutes to understand where to hook up the spring, but after that, it literally took about one minute to do on each side. I did not need to jack up the truck or remove anything to do the fix.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18+ have different turbos and should already have the springs on the linkage.
I had to do the Hillman spring fix on my 2019. My truck sounded horrible at startup, and I could even hear the rattle in public garages after having driven the truck for numerous miles. The problem is now gone!!!!!