Wastegate rattle fixed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunter031789

Reaction score
Hi everyone, inaugural post!

I just picked up a used 2018 last week and have been hearing this wastegate rattle for a couple of days and it was giving me horrible anxiety as I didn't want to have to immediately have engine work done and I had no idea what the cause of the rattle sound was but was dreading that it was timing system related. Great video and I may or may not put the springs on, but just knowing what the issue is puts my mind at ease. Looking forward to reading more great information on this forum. Thanks again!

tlrmade

Reaction score

I just picked up a used 2018 last week and have been hearing this wastegate rattle for a couple of days and it was giving me horrible anxiety as I didn't want to have to immediately have engine work done and I had no idea what the cause of the rattle sound was but was dreading that it was timing system related. Great video and I may or may not put the springs on, but just knowing what the issue is puts my mind at ease. Looking forward to reading more great information on this forum. Thanks again!

Welcome! Do the springs and a Catch Can.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score

200.gif

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Thank you! I have the springs on order! Can you elaborate on the catch can? I think I understand the concept, however, not exactly what the deal is on these trucks.
Since they moved from the tried and true V8. You need a catch can to collect all the excrement these turbos produce from the tiny motor.

Kidding, its to collect unwanted oils and vapors from reentering the engine. Very common on turbo applications.

hunter031789

Reaction score
Since they moved from the tried and true V8. You need a catch can to collect all the excrement these turbos produce from the tiny motor.

Kidding, its to collect unwanted oils and vapors from reentering the engine. Very common on turbo applications.
Thanks for the info! I'll search for the inevitable thread about it before someone yells at me.