GEN 2 Warn Zeon Winch Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will definetly
Need to relocate the intercooler , i upgraded mine so that was no issue. As for warranty depends on your dealer. Rule of thumb is if they can prove that the mods cause the failure you are screwed. I have had mine for 2 and half years ;)

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re going to have this type of winch installation then you’ll need to relocate the intercooler. It is an added expense, however the new intercooler will be much better than the factory one.
As far as the warranty issues, unless they (Ford) can prove that the relocated intercooler or likes thereof cause a particular issue, you're going to be fine.

Check here Magnuson-Moss-Warranty-Act

You might check with your local dealer and see what they say.

Last edited:

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With this install, does the front sag at all due to the added weight of the winch and mount?- I did a similar install on my last truck TRD Pro and had to add 1/4 spacers to level.
I liked the usefulness, am contemplating for my new 19.... Also thinking about Cobb state 2, so maybe use the Cobb intercooler..

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am NOT a mechanic nor am I good at mechanical things. It's mostly a patience issue. I was all set to get the Swarfworks mount and some of the other stuff and gave my mechanic a link to the video of the install. He reported back to me that the intercooler had to be replaced and was concerned about the extra expense and possible warranty issues.

Can someone please address these two issues?

TIA

Yes, an aftermarket intercooler will be required for the winch setup. This is a clearance upgrade as well as a performance upgrade. The answer about warranty, it's a grey area. If your heated seats go out, obviously those wouldn't be effected. However, if you had a powertrain or mechanical issue, the dealership may blame the aftermarket parts. Sure, it may or may not be the cause of the problem, but as one individual going up against a multi-national firm, you've got to pay to play so to speak. That said, we've sold TONS of intercoolers and have zero issues with them.

With this install, does the front sag at all due to the added weight of the winch and mount?- I did a similar install on my last truck TRD Pro and had to add 1/4 spacers to level.
I liked the usefulness, am contemplating for my new 19.... Also thinking about Cobb state 2, so maybe use the Cobb intercooler..

COBB intercooler is confirmed fitment with the Swarfworks kit and WARN ZEON Platinum S winches (both 10k and 12k). Happy to get you setup with the full COBB Stage 2 kit, once the 2019 ECU maps are released.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With this install, does the front sag at all due to the added weight of the winch and mount?- I did a similar install on my last truck TRD Pro and had to add 1/4 spacers to level. ..

With the swarf winch mount and a Warn Zeon 12S setup, that alone will add about 200lbs to the front, plus the difference between the stock intercooler and the larger intercooler weight.

I'm running stock tires and beadlock wheels and although I didn't measure the distance from the ground to the top of the fender well before installing the winch, the distance now is 39"

I'll be adding Fox front/rear shocks soon to level things out